Chapter 172: Resettlement of the Wounded

Su Zhier thought of Li Mumu's protection of Wangyou Xiaojie that day, and Gu's snacks also cooperated with Wangyou Xiaojie.

So she asked Chunchao to call Li Lai, "Go and check who is the boss behind Wangyou Xiaojie?"

Li Lai was in trouble. Where can he check?

He is just a servant, how can he have such great ability.

"This... I'm afraid it's not easy to check..." Li Lai said in embarrassment.

"What's not easy to check?" Su Zhier said dissatisfiedly, "Go and ask around, and see who among those who are capable of opening a store recently often goes to Wangyou Xiaojie. And see who the shopkeeper Li contacts more often on weekdays. I thought you were a smart person, but I didn't expect that I would have to teach you about this kind of thing."

"Yes." Li Lai had to agree.

"Check it carefully for me. If you do it well this time, I will give you a big reward." Su Zhier said, "But if you don't do it well, I will consider changing someone to help me in the future."

Li Lai had no choice but to say, "I will definitely do my best."

"Go." Su Zhier waved him away.

In the following days, Li Lai continued to check, but he could not find any results.

Wangyou Xiaojie is becoming more and more popular in Chong'an.

If Gu's snacks were just an ordinary small restaurant, even if the business was booming, it would only be compared with small restaurants.

After all, the scale of Gu's snacks is so large, and no matter how prosperous it is, it can only receive so many customers every day.

But Wangyou Xiaojie is different. From the beginning, Li Mumu designed it to take the middle and high-end route.

The environment inside is elegant, and there are no male guests making noise inside. The

female guests are inside, and the surrounding environment is fragrant.

Even the wine they drink has the sweet and sour fruit fragrance. The atmosphere in the store is a state that makes female guests feel very at ease.

And this model is unique in the whole Chong'an.

Although it did not cause any competitive pressure to Huizhenlou and Baiweixuan.

After all, the main customers of these two restaurants are still male customers, especially wealthy male customers.

But the reputation of Wangyou Xiaojie has been thoroughly established in Chong'an City.

"It's been so long, and you haven't found out who the boss behind Wangyou Xiaojie is?" Su Zhier called Li Lai and asked anxiously.

"Miss, I have tried my best to investigate." Li Lai explained, "Because Wangyou Xiaojie only accepts female guests, the guests on the first floor on weekdays do not meet the conditions for being able to afford Wangyou Xiaojie."

"So I focused on checking the guests who often eat on the second floor." Li Lai said, "But the circle of noble ladies in Chong'an is not large, and the ladies who come and go are still those ladies."

"As a result, they all go there frequently." Now in the whole Chong'an, the only one who has not been there repeatedly, or even not once, is Su Zhier.

"Sometimes they go in different groups. Today, Miss Zhang and Miss Guo go together, and tomorrow, Miss Guo and Miss Li go together. Sometimes, four or five people go together." Li Lai said helplessly, "But coming and going, they can't get away from this range. But a dozen or twenty people can't all be the owners of Wangyou Xiaojie?"

"It just so happens that the number of times each of these people went to Wangyou Xiaojie, I counted, they are all about the same." Li Lai really didn't know how to check.

"What about Li Mumu? Have you checked her?" Su Zhier asked again.

"I checked." Li Lai said, "Because she often goes to Wangyou Xiaojie with Li Zhiyin, Zhang Huiqi, Guo Liyan and others."

"Does she often get together with these three people?" Su Zhier asked immediately.

"It's not just them." Li Lai said, "They also come in changing groups. Sometimes they are alone with Zhang Huiqi and Guo Liyan, sometimes with Li Zhiyin and Madam Shang, sometimes with Madam Shang and Min Huilan, and sometimes with Guo Liyan and several other ladies. They are not fixed people."

"Then have you checked about Gu's snacks?" Su Zhier asked again.

"We checked. Wangyou Xiaojie would regularly get some dipping sauces from Gu's snack bar. Apart from that, it has no other connection with Gu's snack bar. Every time, Gu's snack bar would send waiters to deliver the dipping sauces to Wangyou Xiaojie. The rest of the Gu family has never had contact with Wangyou Xiaojie."

"Not really. Li Mumu's eldest sister-in-law and second sister-in-law have also been to Wangyou Xiaojie with Li Mumu several times."

"From this point of view, there is indeed no one who is particularly worthy of suspicion." Su Zhier thought for a while, and asked again, "Then based on your observation, is it likely that Li Mumu is the owner of Wangyou Xiaojie?"

"This..." Li Lai hesitated, "It's really hard for me to say. I have checked so far, and I really haven't found any possibility that Li Mumu is the owner of Wangyou Xiaojie."

"She goes to Wangyou Xiaojie about the same frequency as other guests, and every time she goes to the second floor to dine with her friends." Li Lai said, "I found out that Wangyou Xiaojie also has a third floor."

"Isn't this obvious?" Su Zhier said unhappily, "You don't have to check. You can see it if you stand outside Wangyou Xiaojie and look up."

"No." Li Lai explained, "Wangyou Xiaojie told the public that they haven't decided what to do with the third floor yet, so it's not open to the public."

"But according to my investigation, there is a very large room on the third floor, and the entire third floor has actually been renovated." Li Lai said, "I suspect that the third floor is not closed to the public because they haven't decided yet, but it is reserved for the owner of Wangyou Xiaojie."

"So I plan to focus on the third floor of Wangyou Xiaojie to see if I can find some clues about the owner of Wangyou Xiaojie." Li Lai said.

Su Zhier nodded, "You are quite smart, go quickly!"

Although the Spring Festival has passed, the severe cold of winter has not passed.

The winter in Chong'an is much longer.

Gu Shangqing returned home the night before his holiday, and of course Huang Kexiao and Zhu Yaoming came back with him. There

was still charcoal burning in the house, and when the three of them entered the house, they brought in a gust of cold air.

The three of them sat around the charcoal basin and roasted their hands to keep warm.

When they warmed up, they took off their outer cloaks.

"Why did you come back so late today?" Gu's mother asked.

Li Mumu and Gu Mian brought three bowls of hot water to the three people.

The three people held the bowls, and their palms were warmed by the heat of the hot water.

Gu Shangqing said: "Today I discussed with the general how to arrange for the

wounded soldiers." "Because there are many soldiers injured in the war." Gu Shangqing said, "In the beginning, there were fewer people, like Zhang Erzhu, who could take the compensation money home."

"But now that there are more people, the court can't allocate so much pension money." Gu Shangqing said, "Besides, even if it was given, the money wouldn't be enough to feed them for a lifetime."

"I heard that Zhang Erzhu is learning a trade from a carpenter," Gu Shangqing said, "Fortunately he can find a job to make a living, at least he can guarantee his own living."