Chapter 223: Cross-Bridge Rice Noodles

"Mumu, you are really good at this." Wang Cuizhen said gratefully, "I never thought that my hands would become stiff when writing because of the cold weather."

Wang Cuizhen didn't do this usually, so it was normal that she didn't have any relevant experience.

Li Mumu thought back to her childhood.

She was born in the south, where there was no heating in the winter.

When she was a child, the economic conditions of the whole country had not developed as well as they did later.

When she was in elementary school, there was no air conditioning in the classroom.

The winter in the south was damp and cold, and there was no air conditioning or heating, so she had to endure it.

When she was reading and writing in the classroom, her hand holding the pen was frozen in a short while.

Li Mumu was deeply touched by this.

"Sister-in-law, you have to worry about many things about Bai Yuan, but I don't have to worry so much, so I can think of this." Li Mumu said with a smile.

"Did you find someone outside to do it?" Wang Cuizhen saw that the stitches of the gloves were fine and neat, and it was obvious that they were not made by Li Mumu.

Li Mumu's handicraft...

their family knew about it.

Thinking that Li Mumu was smart, it was rare that she had some shortcomings in handicraft, which was quite comforting.

"My sister-in-law was busy with many things, so I went out to find a tailor to make it." Li Mumu said, "After it was finished, I checked it carefully. The workmanship was meticulous, and there was nothing that could not be brought into the examination room. I also touched the cotton wool inside carefully."

The examination room was strict, and if you were afraid that there was something wrong with the things you brought, you would not be able to enter the examination room. If something went wrong, it might affect future exams.

So Li Mumu was also very cautious.

Wang Cuizhen prepared a box for Gu Baiyuan, which contained all the things he would bring into the examination room tomorrow.

There was no need to live in the county exam. The exam lasted three days, and you would come out after each day.

The next morning, you would be called again, checked, and enter the examination room.

Wang Cuizhen put the gloves in the box.

Seeing that Gu Baiyuan's face had become increasingly fair since he left Yong'an Village, Mother Gu asked, "Baiyuan will take the exam tomorrow. Are you nervous?"

"Of course I am nervous, but it's okay. I will adjust my mentality." Gu Baiyuan is still very young, but after studying with Master Guan, his mentality has become more mature. "Master Guan said that I am still young and doesn't expect me to pass the county exam in one go." "

Although he thinks that with what I have learned now, I should be able to pass the county exam, but there is no need to put too much pressure on myself. It is certainly good to pass, but even if you can't, there is no need to be discouraged. Many of the people who took the county exam with me are much older than me. The main purpose this year is to get a feel for the county exam first. With experience, I will be familiar with it next time."

Mother Gu smiled and nodded, "That's good, grandma was worried that you would be too nervous. Now that I see you think well, I am relieved."

"Go to bed early tonight, there is no need to review your studies." Master Guan said, "If you studied well in the past, everything will be fine. If you didn't study well, it's useless to review your studies tonight. Rest early, keep your spirits up, and relax tomorrow. Do the same as you do in your daily essays tomorrow."

"Yes." Gu Baiyuan said obediently.

"I'll cook tonight and make some dishes with good intentions for good luck." Li Mumu smiled, "Let's get a good start for our young Baiyuan."

"It's been a long time since I've eaten the food cooked by Aunt San!" Gu Baiyuan said happily.

Gu Xiuxiu and Gu Baijin heard that Li Mumu was going to cook in person, and they were looking forward to it.

Although Li Mumu gave the recipes to the cook and asked her to follow them, the taste was good, but I always felt that it was a little different from what Li Mumu made. () ()

Li Mumu made a chestnut steamed chicken.

The chicken's belly was cut open, and chestnuts, red dates, glutinous rice, and wolfberries were stuffed into it, and then steamed in a pot.

She also cooked squirrel mandarin fish, sweet and sour spare ribs, braised pork slices, and stir-fried four vegetables.

This time she didn't make soup because she had prepared something else.

Li Mumu first brought these dishes to the table with the cook and Gu Mian.

Then she asked Gu Shangqing to bring the copper pot to the center of the dining table.

Everyone looked at the soup in the copper pot, which was still boiling hot.

With the heat of the copper pot, there was no fire heating it, but the milky white soup inside was still bubbling.

Gu Mian brought a large tray.

There were small plates on the tray, with various ingredients in different colors, which looked very beautiful.

"What kind of new food is this?" Gu's mother asked.

Wang Cuizhen smiled and said, "I knew that since you said you would cook it yourself, you must have something new."

"This is cross-bridge rice noodles." Li Mumu said, picked up the plate with raw quail eggs in it, and put it into the boiling soup first.

"The soup base is boiling hot, so put these in, and use the heat of the soup base to cook these raw foods." Li Mumu put the raw beef slices in, "Originally, each person should have a copper pot, but in this case, these small plates alone, I'm afraid our big table can't even fit. So we can only use a big copper pot, put them all in, and we can scoop as much as we want into our own bowls."

Then, he took out a plate of ham, "This is the pork leg I bought at the end of last year, smoked and dried, and now it's finally done. This is the ham slice from that pork leg."

Li Mumu picked up a piece of ham, "Although it hasn't been cooked, it's smoked and dried, so it can be eaten directly like this, and it has a different flavor."

Li Mumu gave each person a piece, "It tastes different from the one put in the pot."

"This... It's thin and a little transparent." Zhang Caiping picked it up and looked at the thin ham slices. Before eating, she could already smell the smoked fragrance.

"You can't tell that this is raw meat at all." Father Gu picked up the meat slices and looked at them for a long time.

While they were watching in amazement, Li Mumu also put the ham slices, fish slices and mushrooms into the still boiling soup.

Gu Shangqing stuffed the ham into his mouth first, "This taste... is very unique, not as hard as the common bacon, it tastes delicate and smooth, with a strong smoky flavor in the salty fragrance."

"I usually hang out in the kitchen and burn some fruit wood firewood, so I can smoke the ham at the same time." Li Mumu explained, putting the rice noodles into the pot, "The rice noodles are already cooked, and you can eat them now."

Li Mumu first scooped a small bowl of rice noodles for Gu's father and mother, and then added each ingredient into their bowls.

Wang Cuizhen and Zhang Caiping also worked for Gu Baiyuan and Gu Baijin.

Gu Xiuxiu imitated Li Mumu and scooped a bowl for herself.

Everyone scooped their own, and Gu's mother picked up a chopstick of rice noodles.

The white rice noodles were covered with juice, and they looked shiny and particularly smooth. She asked Li Mumu, "What do you call this?"

"Rice noodles are made from rice." Li Mumu said, "In two months, Chong'an should be warmer. By then, Gu's snacks should also have some new dishes. So these days I have been researching new ideas."