Chapter 187: Slander

General Shang is also from the same line as General Li.

After all this, Gu Shangqing is at least very safe in the army.

Madam Shang is willing to befriend Li Mumu, not only because Li Mumu suits her personality.

Moreover, General Shang and Gu Shangqing have a relationship in the army.

While they were waiting anxiously, the official came back first.

Li Mumu and the other three looked in the direction where the official came from, but did not see the figure of Butler Wang, but saw Cui Liu running over in a hurry.

Cui Liu walked through the crowd breathlessly and squeezed to Li Zhiyin's side with difficulty. "Butler Wang is still taking people to negotiate with the stall owners. Butler Wang said that we can't force them, otherwise it will easily cause trouble in the future and we will be labeled as bullying. We also have to prevent them from changing their words in court because they are afraid of the threats implied by County Magistrate Lin, so we have to talk to them all. Let me come back and tell you ladies first."

Li Zhiyin nodded. "Butler Wang is thoughtful and cautious in his work, which makes people feel at ease."

"So when you came back, how was Butler Wang's progress?" Min Huilan asked hurriedly.

Cui Liu said, "When I came back, Steward Wang had already found all the vendors and gathered them together."

Min Huilan nodded, "Standard Wang is really a capable person."

In the hall, Liu Butong walked to the ear of County Magistrate Lin and whispered their investigation, "Zhang Feng went to Wangyou Xiaoxi's warehouse to check, and the rice, flour, grains and various seasonings in it were stored very well. The warehouse was also cleaned clean, and there was no mouse to be seen, and there was no trace of temporary movement or replacement."

If it was a temporary replacement, there must be some traces in a hurry.

Especially in inconspicuous places such as the roots and corners of the walls.

But there were no such traces in Wangyou Xiaoxi's warehouse, and it can be seen that it was carefully taken care of on a daily basis.

"They also set up shelves in the warehouse, classified into categories, and everything was neatly placed on the shelves." The official himself felt that it was so clean that he would feel at ease even if he went to eat.

It's a pity that they don't entertain male guests.

"He also went to the kitchen, the meat and vegetables were all fresh." Liu Butong said, "Even the cooks were dressed cleanly."

"I took people to check the stalls where they buy every day." Liu Butong said, "According to the owners of the meat and vegetable stalls, the people in charge of buying things at Wangyou Xiaojie go to them every morning to buy things. They buy every day, but not much, because they are afraid of wasting leftovers and not being fresh the next day. Therefore, they would rather buy less each time and do less business, but also ensure that the things are fresh and clean."

County Magistrate Lin lowered his eyes and pondered for a long time before whispering, "I will ask you a question later, you said so." County Magistrate

Lin handed Liu Butong a piece of paper.

Liu Butong took it and looked at it, his eyes suddenly widened, looking at County Magistrate Lin in disbelief, "Sir, this..." Having

worked under County Magistrate Lin for many years, Liu Butong knew that County Magistrate Lin was not a very good person. In the past, when he judged a case, as long as it was not a serious matter, he would be a little biased.

But he had never been so obviously confusing right and wrong as this time.

When Liu Butong left to investigate just now, he was still thinking that this time Magistrate Lin did not ask him to bring the stall owner.

He didn't know whether Magistrate Lin forgot or didn't need it.

But he did whatever Magistrate Lin said, and he would not make any more decisions on his own.

Now he knew that Magistrate Lin didn't forget, but didn't need it at all.

"What?" Magistrate Lin saw Liu Butong's reaction and lowered his voice, "Are there any problems?"

"No...no." Liu Butong lowered his head to avoid Magistrate Lin's gaze.

"Do you remember what is written above?" Magistrate Lin asked.

"I remember it." Liu Butong said.

"Then go to the hall." Magistrate Lin ordered.

"Yes." Liu Butong lowered his head and went to the hall.

County Magistrate Lin cleared his throat and said, "Tell me the results of your investigation."

"Your Excellency," Liu Butong said with a fist, "I and others were divided into two teams and went to Wangyou Xiaoxi and the vendors respectively."

"At Wangyou Xiaoxi, we checked the storehouse and kitchen of the store." Liu Butong said, "The things in the storehouse were messy, and some rice and flour were mixed together. And you can see that the new and old rice and flour were mixed together. The new rice and flour were mixed with the old rice and flour, and you can see the obvious difference."

Liu Butong didn't dare to look at Manager Li and County Magistrate Lin at all. He lowered his head and said these words against his will.

"Does the old rice and flour taste different?" County Magistrate Lin asked.

"It smells a bit moldy." Liu Butong said.

"Impossible!" Shopkeeper Li's face changed, and he immediately said, "Our warehouse has always been clean and tidy, with rows of shelves inside, and grains, oils, rice and flour are all placed on the shelves in different categories for easy counting. And we clean it every day and check the freshness of the rice and flour."

"Besides, we have just opened for a short time, where did the moldy rice and flour come from!" Shopkeeper Li said loudly.

Hearing this, there is nothing to be confused about.

It is obvious that County Magistrate Lin met someone when he left at the beginning.

From that moment on, it was destined that no matter what the results of the official's investigation were, they would have to let Wangyou Xiaoxi take the blame.

"Before we opened the shop, our boss gave us many instructions. Our shop has been open for a long time, and rice and flour have piled up in the warehouse. As time goes by, we check the quality of the rice and flour every day. Every once in a while, even if the rice and flour can be used, we will not continue to use it. We will count them out and sell them cheaply to people in need. That is also under the premise that the rice and flour are not bad, and we sell them cheaply. If they are not good, we would rather throw them away than sell them to others, let alone use them in the shop."

"How dare you!" County Magistrate Lin said coldly, "I didn't ask you to speak!"

"Speak when I ask you to speak. Now that I don't ask you to speak, don't disturb the order in the hall!" County Magistrate Lin slammed the gavel, "If it happens again, don't blame me for being rude to you!" Shopkeeper

Li had a cold face, took a deep breath, and stopped talking.

"Liu Butong, you continue." County Magistrate Lin said again.

Liu Butong continued, "We went to ask the owners of the meat and vegetable stalls. Although Wangyou Xiaoxi buys from them, he doesn't go there every day. He goes every few days. The intervals are not fixed, sometimes three days, sometimes five days."

"So? I told you, my wife got a stomachache from eating in your store!" The man knelt in the hall and said smugly.

"You're lying!" Shopkeeper Li said coldly.

The people watching outside the government office pointed and talked.

"This Forget-Your-Sorrows Rest is made with moldy rice and flour."

"The shopkeeper still refuses to admit it."