Chapter 196: Complaint

Father Gu heaved a sigh of relief and said, "Fortunately, Chong'an still has upright people like General Li, and Miss Li who hates evil as much as she hates it."

"It's really fate, if we hadn't met Miss Li's car on the way here and helped her, how could we have the opportunity to make friends with Miss Li, and today, no one would help us." Zhang Caiping said, "This is also our good luck and blessing."

Mother Gu nodded, "No matter what, we still have to thank Miss Li for this."

"Mumu, how do you think we should thank them appropriately?" Mother Gu was a little embarrassed. "If I come in person, that's the General's Mansion, I'm really nervous. I'm worried that the rules are not in place, and I don't know how to thank them. But we can't just send gifts without showing up, how can that be called thanking? Besides, I'm afraid the General's Mansion won't take our gift seriously."

Li Mumu smiled and said, "Mom, Miss Li and I are friends, so leave the thank you to me. Besides, Miss Li is a person with a big heart, she wants to do more for women all over the world."

"For this reason, Madam Shang, Madam Zuo, and I have already agreed with Miss Li that the four of us will not only have a nap, but also do more for women all over the world together." Li Mumu said.

"If we have to go to the General's Mansion to thank Miss Li for this, it would be a bit awkward." Li Mumu said, "And Miss Li did this not only for me, but also to prevent Su Zhier from hurting others for her own selfishness in the future."

"During the time I have been dating Miss Li, I have seen that Miss Li is a sincere person. Once she has decided to be her friend, she doesn't want the other person to be distant with her." Li Mumu thought for a while and said, "Put yourself in her shoes. Why don't we wait until this matter is over and invite Miss Li to our home? I will cook for her myself and we will have a good meal together."

"Is this okay?" Gu's mother asked uncertainly.

"I think it's okay." Li Mumu nodded.

"You are a person with ideas, so I will listen to you on this matter." Gu's mother agreed. "

You just said..." Gu's mother had just started to say something when the courtyard door was suddenly pushed open with a *bang*.

The sound startled everyone and they hurried over.

Then Gu Shangqing came in hurriedly, "Mom, is Mumu back?"

Gu's mother smiled and turned to Li Mumu and said, "Look at him, he was so anxious when he heard that something happened to you."

Li Mumu hurriedly got up to greet Gu Shangqing.

Gu Shangqing was relieved to see Li Mumu appear at the door of the main hall, and still ran over in two steps.

"Madam, have you been wronged?" Gu Shangqing held Li Mumu's shoulders, first looked at her front, then turned her to look at her back, "Are you injured?"

"No, I'm fine." Li Mumu said, "Why are you back?"

"My eldest brother went to the military camp to find me." Gu Shangqing said, "He said that you were in court, and I don't know what the result is. Although my rank is low, I can also ask General Shang for help at critical times, so naturally I have to come back quickly."

Seeing that Li Mumu was fine, Gu Shangqing breathed a sigh of relief, "I'm glad that you're okay."

"We were also confused when we heard that you were in court." Gu's mother said, "The first solution we thought of was to let your eldest brother go to the military camp to find Shangqing. He is the only official in our family. No matter whether he is useful or not, we have to call him back."

"What happened?" Gu Shangqing asked again, "When my eldest brother came to find me, he didn't know your result yet, so he didn't know what happened."

Li Mumu then told Gu Shangqing what she had just told the Gu family.

Gu Shangqing felt so disgusted that he almost vomited, "I have brought this misfortune upon myself, and I have implicated you as well."

"I'll go find Prefect Su!" Gu Shangqing said, "I want to ask Prefect Su what your intention is."

"I'm a military general, and I have General Shang looking after me. Prefect Su can't do anything to me." Gu Shangqing said, "I want to see if Prefect Su knows about what Su Zhier has done. If he doesn't know, will he care?"

"Do you think Prefect Su knows about it?" Wang Cuizhen asked.

Gu Shangqing thought for a moment and said, "I don't think she knows. Even if Magistrate Su is using his power to oppress others, he wouldn't be so foolish as to let his daughter get entangled with a low-ranking general like me who is already married."

"With Magistrate Su's age and political achievements, promotion is certain," said Gu Shangqing, "and Mrs. Su's father was once the Prince's Junior Tutor before he retired."

"With such a family background, he can even go to the capital to visit the second son of a noble family. Under such circumstances, how could Magistrate Su look down on me?" Gu Shangqing said, "So, Magistrate Su should not know. If she knew, Su Zhier would have no chance to leave the house, let alone do these things."

"Miss Li is going to the Su Mansion with General Li to question Magistrate Su about this matter." Li Mumu said, "However, I think the reason Miss Li used is not that Su Zhier is targeting me, but that she is going to question Magistrate Su as the owner of Forget-Your-Family Rest, why Su Zhier wants to forget Forget-Your-Family Rest."

Gu Shangqing thought for a moment and asked, "You might as well confirm with Miss Li when she will go with General Li?"

"I came out of the county government office, and went to the general's mansion with Madam Shang, Madam Zuo and Miss Li to discuss this matter." Li Mumu said, "Miss Li said that after discussing with the general, she would send someone to tell me." Gu Shangqing nodded.

Gu's mother was a little worried, "Shangqing, you go to see Governor Su, is it really okay?"

This time Li Mumu didn't stop her, because Gu's mother knew that Li Mumu didn't object to Gu Shangqing going there.

But when she told Wang Cuizhen and Zhang Caiping that she wanted to go, Li Mumu clearly disagreed.

"It's okay." Gu Shangqing said, "I didn't make such a decision on impulse."

"As I said just now, even if Governor Su is angry, he can't do anything to me." Gu Shangqing said, "He can't control the military generals."

"Besides, there is General Shang above me. Since Madam Shang also knows about this, it's not my fault. If Governor Su really wants to make trouble for me, General Shang can stand it."

Li Mumu listened from the side, and always felt that the General Shang mentioned by Gu Shangqing was like a big wronged person.

"Also, this matter must be told to Governor Su," said Gu Shangqing, "just be careful about the way you say it."

"Lest Su Zhier cause a bigger trouble and let Governor Su know, he'll really be angry with us then." Gu Shangqing said, "It's better to make it clear to Governor Su now."

"However, please sound more pitiful and don't tell us our guess. Just say that you don't understand what Su Zhier means," said Gu Shangqing.