Chapter 199: Nonsense

Originally, when a minor official like Gu Shangqing came to visit, Governor Su usually dismissed him with the excuse that he was not at home.

But this time, he did not dare to be careless, so he asked someone to invite Gu Shangqing in. Governor Su was waiting for Gu Shangqing in the study.

Gu Shangqing was led to the study by the housekeeper. When he saw Governor Su, Gu Shangqing politely saluted, "Sir Su."

"General Gu, please sit down." Governor Su said, "I wonder if Sir Gu came here today, is there anything in the army that requires my cooperation?"

The servants came to serve tea, but Gu Shangqing did not sit down, but said, "Sir, can you please dismiss the servants?"

Upon hearing this, Governor Su looked even more serious and immediately asked everyone to leave.

"Now it's just you and me, you can talk." Governor Su said.

"Sir, what I'm talking about this time is not official business." Gu Shangqing said, "But to be honest, if we don't care and let things develop to a serious level, it will still affect your career."

Su Zhifu frowned, and listened to Gu Shangqing's words that seemed to be keeping him in suspense, and was a little impatient, "What exactly is it?"

If it wasn't official business, why would he waste time with Gu Shangqing here?

He didn't have the patience to chat with a sixth-rank young general.

"Sir Su, my wife and a good friend opened a restaurant together, called Wangyou Xiaojie." Gu Shangqing said, "I wonder if you have heard of Wangyou Xiaojie."

"I have heard of it." Su Zhifu reluctantly said patiently, "What do you want to say?"

"But just yesterday, someone bribed a couple and lied that they had a stomachache at Wangyou Xiaojie, and they even went to court." Gu Shangqing said, "But in the end it was proved that the two were lying."

"And the one who bribed the two to slander Wangyou Xiaojie, or it can be said that the one who bribed the two to slander my wife was Miss Su." Gu Shangqing said.

"Who are you talking about?" Magistrate Su thought he had misheard.

Miss Su?

Gu Shangqing came to talk to him about this matter, could he be talking about his Su Zhier?

But Magistrate Su felt that it was impossible for Su Zhier to do such a thing.

They just both have the surname Su.

"It's your daughter, Su Zhier, Miss Su." Gu Shangqing said.

"Impossible!" Magistrate Su denied it angrily and was about to call someone in to drive Gu Shangqing out.

Gu Shangqing said first: "I am worried that if Miss Su's behavior is not restrained, it will become more and more serious in the future, affecting Lord Su. Lord Su will find out and vent his anger on my family, so I came to talk to Lord Su."

"I know Lord Su didn't want to believe it when he first heard about it." Gu Shangqing said quickly, "But please allow me to finish the story."

Su Zhifu took a deep breath and said unhappily: "Okay, let's see what else you can say."

Gu Shangqing told her about the first time he met Su Zhier in the garden of the General's Mansion, and what happened when Mrs. Su brought Su Zhier to Gu's house, and everything Su Zhier said and did.

"I dare not speculate on Miss Su's intentions, but I really don't understand why Miss Su is targeting my wife." Gu Shangqing said.

"What nonsense!" Su Zhifu said angrily.

Although Gu Shangqing didn't say it, what he said clearly showed that Su Zhier had a crush on Gu Shangqing.

But because Gu Shangqing was already married, Su Zhier couldn't stand Gu Shangqing's wife at all, and even wanted to destroy Li Mumu and replace her. 

"Whether I am talking nonsense or not, with Lord Su's means, he will know it after a check." Gu Shangqing said, "I would not risk offending Lord Su by coming to talk nonsense to Lord Su."

"The reason why I came to tell Lord Su about this matter is that I think Miss Su will not stop."

"The first two times, because Madam Su was there, I thought Madam Su should be able to control Miss Su." Gu Shangqing said, "I am a low-ranking official and my words are not taken seriously, so I dare not easily tell Lord Su about these things. It makes me look as arrogant as a plate, and also makes Lord Su angry, which is not worth the loss."

"But I didn't expect that Miss Su not only didn't give up, but also started to attack my wife." Gu Shangqing said, "And this time, she didn't have evidence to prove that my wife was the owner of Wangyou Xiaojie, but just acted against Wangyou Xiaojie based on her own suspicion."

"Obviously, Miss Su is very courageous and is not afraid of the consequences of wrongly accusing someone." Gu Shangqing said, "If this happens frequently in the future, I'm worried that it will have a significant impact on Lord Su."

"And this time, we were lucky that Miss Su guessed right. But what if she guessed wrong? What if the boss behind the shop that Miss Su slanders next time is more powerful? Even... a person with a higher status than Lord Su."

"From my limited knowledge, those bosses who are unwilling to show up are mostly because of their status. It is inconvenient for them to show up." Gu Shangqing said, "You say, if we really offend someone in the future..."

Gu Shangqing didn't finish his words, but Su Zhifu understood what he meant.

Seeing that Su Zhifu was more patient now and was not in a hurry to drive him out, Gu Shangqing said, "I heard that Lord Su will go to Beijing to report on his work in another month. I would like to congratulate Lord Su in advance. This time, he will definitely stay in Beijing."

Su Zhifu waved his hand, "It's too early to say that."

Although he was sure in his heart, and his teacher had communicated with him in advance.

This time, if there is no accident, he can be promoted to a higher level.

Moreover, he is a Beijing official!

But in front of Gu Shangqing, he still pretended to be steady and prudent, and was not happy in advance.

Then, Gu Shangqing said, "But who knows which noble family or which high-ranking official's family owns all the land and shops of the dignitaries in the capital?"

Gu Shangqing bowed and said, "These words are presumptuous of me. I don't need to say them, Lord Su is also very clear about them. I hope Lord Su will forgive me for being nosy."

"So you know it too." Su Zhifu said unhappily.

In fact, he had believed what Gu Shangqing said by now.

Just as Gu Shangqing said, Su Zhifu would know what he said as soon as he checked.

Gu Shangqing didn't need to lie about these things and ruin himself.

Gu Shangqing did not straighten up, still bent over and said: "My lord, I dare not lie. I came here today, risking your anger, to tell you these things, it is really for my future."

"Just as I am worried, if Miss Su does not know how to restrain herself, and no one teaches her again and again, and even does things without paying any price, Miss Su will definitely think that she can rely on Sir Su to do such things at will, and she will become more and more bold and do more and more excessive things. Until she does something that she can't cover up, others will not give Sir Su face, and even Sir Su will be implicated."

"If even Lord Su is implicated, it means that the matter is really too big."