Chapter 173: Solution

"But many disabled soldiers can't find a job to make a living. Some people lost a leg and can't even go to work in the fields." Gu Shangqing said.

"We can't recruit people to the army to fight for Daxi. Now, in order to protect the peace of Daxi, they are injured and disabled, and even lose the ability to make a living. Shouldn't we drive them back home to fend for themselves?"

"Some people have parents, wives and children. Others are young, only in their teens and twenties, and they still have a long life ahead of them." Gu Shangqing sighed, "We can't let them suffer like this in their long lives."

"So we thought about how to place these wounded soldiers." Gu Shangqing frowned.

"Are there any standards? For example, what level of wounded soldiers need the army to find a way to place them?" Li Mumu asked.

The water in the three people's bowls was not so hot, so they drank it up.

Li Mumu took the bowls from the three of them and handed them to Gu Mian to take back to the kitchen.

Zhu Yaoming said: "The main reason is that they can't make a living or it is difficult to make a living. For example, like Zhang Erzhu, who lost a leg, not everyone can find a craftsman to work for like him. Some people may never find such an opportunity in their entire lives."

"Just to walk, you need one hand to support the crutch. Then you only have one leg and one hand to work. What else can you do? Go down to the fields and swing a hoe? I'm afraid that's not so convenient. Waiter in a restaurant? He's slow and walks unsteadily, so the restaurant won't hire him. Or set up a small stall by himself? But he needs someone to help him, he can't do it by himself."

"If... if he loses both legs or both hands, what can he do?" Zhu Yaoming said. "For injuries that do not affect their livelihood, we really cannot help so many. As for the soldiers who need help alone, we cannot find a good way with our current capabilities."

"Indeed, as my husband said, just giving them money is not enough to cover their lifetime expenses. The army is for resettlement, and it is most suitable for them to be able to arrange a job for them to make a living." Li Mumu said, "It is better to teach a man to fish than to give him a fish."

"We have tried our best to arrange it." Zhu Yaoming said, "Now those who are in charge of the army's meals are mostly retired disabled soldiers. But the army only needs a limited number of people for such work, and most of the wounded soldiers cannot be arranged."

"Have all the wounded soldiers returned home now? Or where are they?" Li Mumu asked.

"Those who have returned home and were recently injured are still recovering. But now there are more and more wounded soldiers, and those who returned home before are not living well, so we have to find a way and can't continue like this." Gu Shangqing said, "Even if the wounds are healed, we will temporarily open up a separate area in the barracks for them to live in first."

"How many people are there now?" Li Mumu asked.

"There are people in the army now, and those who have left before are also counted, but we need to go back to see how many people there are." Huang Kexiao said.

"Sister-in-law, what do you think of?" Zhu Yaoming looked at Li Mumu.

"It's not a mature solution. I will tell you my idea first. Whether it is feasible or not, you have to go back and discuss it." Li Mumu said.

"Sister-in-law, please speak." Zhu Yaoming said hurriedly.

"Let's eat first and talk while eating." Gu's mother reminded.

"Okay." Li Mumu nodded.

Gu Mian and the cook served dinner.

"Sister-in-law, what solution do you think of?" Zhu Yaoming asked anxiously.

Li Mumu said, "You need to go back and look at the registration book to see where all these wounded soldiers have gone. You need to contact the local government office and discuss it. Let these wounded soldiers go to the government office to register. In order to prevent someone from taking advantage of the situation, it is naturally necessary to compare them with the list you registered."

"After all the people are counted, a policy can be made. For example, those shops, no matter what they do, as long as they need to employ people, as long as they can accept retired wounded soldiers to work for them, these shops can be appropriately exempted to a certain extent."

"For example, for shops that recruit wounded soldiers, the government office can subsidize part of the wages for the wounded soldiers, so that the shops can pay less wages, but the wages received by the wounded soldiers are not less because of the subsidies from the government office. Of course, this part of the money should still be specially allocated by the army or the generals who report to the court."

"Or, these shops that recruit wounded soldiers can have a certain degree of tax exemption." Li Mumu said, "In this way, there will always be some places willing to use wounded soldiers to work."

"This is a really good idea!" Zhu Yaoming said, "We can really discuss it with General Shang when we go back."

"Sister-in-law, you are really a god!" Huang Kexiao praised.

Li Mumu shook her head and smiled, "It's just my immature idea."

"Don't be modest." Zhu Yaoming said, "In this way, not only the wounded who have just retired, but also the wounded in the past can be taken care of."

"In addition, for the elderly soldiers returning home, the army can record their household registration names and where they return to, and register them in the local government office. Give them certain preferential care." Li Mumu said.

"I'll go to General Shang now!" Huang Kexiao was an impatient person. When he heard that Li Mumu's idea was good, he stood up and went to discuss it with General Shang.

"Hey, why are you in a hurry?" Zhu Yaoming pulled Huang Kexiao back to sit, "General Shang is also on leave. Even if we go to him now, it won't be done in a short time."

"Let's go back to the army the day after tomorrow and talk to General Shang." Zhu Yaoming said.

Gu Shangqing also said, "General Li is also very concerned about this matter. We should not only discuss it with General Shang, but also with General Li. If General Li also thinks it is good and he can make the decision, things will go much more smoothly."

Huang Kexiao sat down again, "That's right."

Seeing that Li Mumu was not talking with her eyes downcast, Gu Shangqing asked, "Madam, what are you thinking about?"

"I'm thinking, is there anything we can do to help here?" Li Mumu said, "We have Gu's snacks, and I opened Wangyou Xiaoxi with Miss Li, Madam Shang and Madam Zuo." "

But Wangyou Xiaoxi doesn't recruit men to work, right?" Zhu Yaoming asked.

After knowing each other for a long time, Li Mumu also knew that Zhu Yaoming was a big foodie.

When Zhu Yaoming heard that a new Wangyou Xiaoxi had opened in Chong'an City, but it did not entertain male guests, he slapped his thigh in regret.

Fortunately, the food and snacks provided by Wangyou Xiaoxi can also be eaten at Gu's house.