Chapter 225: Reward

Wang Cuizhen couldn't stop laughing. "I don't expect him to get the first place in the exam. After all, he is so young. If he really gets the first place at the age of six, wouldn't he be a child prodigy? It's the blessing of our ancestors that he can pass the county exam this time."

Wang Cuizhen said as she clasped her hands and prayed to the sky.

At noon, she only asked the cook to make some simple meals.

Because they were worried about Gu Baiyuan, no one had much appetite.

After a simple meal, Gu Shangqing rented a carriage and took everyone to the outside of the examination room early.

When they came in the morning, there were many people outside.

Now there are not so many.

Gu Shangqing found a place to park the carriage, and everyone rested in the carriage first.

After a while, other families came in carriages one after another.

"Fortunately, we came early, otherwise we would not know where to park the carriage even if we came in a carriage." Wang Cuizhen said thankfully.

After waiting for a while, the gate of the examination room opened.

Everyone in the Gu family got off the carriage quickly.

After waiting for a long time, I saw Gu Baiyuan carrying a big briefcase and walking out quickly.

However, his calves are short, so although he walks fast, he is still very slow.

From a distance, through the gate of the examination room, I saw Gu Baiyuan carrying a briefcase and walking out quickly, swaying from side to side.

Wang Cuizhen was afraid that he would lose his balance, so she hurriedly shouted: "Baiyuan, walk slowly, don't be in a hurry!"

But it was a bit far away, and there was a lot of noise at this time, so Gu Baiyuan didn't hear it.

Finally, I saw Gu Baiyuan step out of the gate and walk towards this side.

"Grandpa, grandma, daddy, mom, second uncle, second aunt, third uncle, third aunt. Sister, Bai Jin! Why are you all here!" Gu Baiyuan said happily.

"We sent you off together in the morning, so of course we have to come together to pick you up now." Gu Shangqing said with a smile.

"Get in the car first, it's close to home, and you will be home soon. Have a good rest after you go back." Gu Shangqing said.

Everyone got on the carriage again.

Li Mumu also brought a small box of snacks.

Because it was close to home and the journey was short, Li Mumu didn't bring a lot, only six.

Seeing Gu Baiyuan eating alone, Gu Baijin and Gu Xiuxiu would definitely be greedy.

So the six snacks, two for each child, were just right to eat together in the car.

Li Mumu asked them to take the snacks and poured water for the three of them, "Drink some water to moisten your stomach before eating."

"How is it? Are you hungry?" Wang Cuizhen asked Gu Baiyuan.

Gu Baiyuan shook his head while eating snacks, "I'm not hungry. Third Aunt prepared three big meat patties for me, and I still have one left."

"Third Aunt, that meat pie is really delicious, fragrant! It tastes good even when it's cold." Gu Baiyuan said, "The place where we take the exam is a series of open small compartments, which is convenient for examiners to supervise the exam. Lunch is also in there. When I took it out to eat, the candidates opposite and next to me were envious!"