Chapter 259: Difficulty

Which mother would be happy if her son was so obviously disliked?

  So, Li Zhiyin carefully observed the iris before starting to paint.

  Li Mumu was very glad that she was married and no longer had to take the exam.

  It was not easy to be a noble lady in ancient times. No matter what banquet, big or small, they could not relax. Even to attend a flower-viewing banquet, they had to be tested on painting.

  She can now barely write legibly, but she is really bad at drawing.

  Now I am drinking tea and eating fruit, watching the lady opposite me painting seriously with a relaxed look.

  If someone doesn't paint well, the whole family will lose face.

  The rule is that it should be completed within the time of one stick of incense.

  As the incense burned closer, several noble ladies put down their pens in annoyance.

  They didn't finish the painting.

  Li Mumu looked at Li Zhiyin again, and Li Zhiyin looked calm.

  Li Mumu was very curious about what Li Zhiyin's paintings looked like.

  The palace maid took the painting away and circulated it to the Empress, Consort Shu and others first.

  The Queen smiled as she read it, and then passed it to Concubine Shu and others.

  Afterwards, it was handed over to the palace servants to be sent to the Sutra Viewing Tower.

  The palace maid handed the paintings to the three princes. The eldest prince looked at the paintings with some boredom and said, "Let us just watch them appreciate the flowers here. Why bother asking someone to paint for us?"

  "How else can we tell their talents?" The Third Prince now knew that the First Prince still favored the Crown Prince, and his attitude towards the First Prince became closer. "We can't just look at their faces."

  The eldest prince smiled and said, "These noble ladies have been nurtured by their families since childhood. No matter how poor their talents are, they can't be that bad. So I, your eldest brother, really look at the face first."

  The Third Prince: "..."

  My dear brother, you are so honest.

  The eldest prince jokingly said, "Don't you care about the face?"

  The Third Prince touched his face and said, "It's OK if you look similar. You don't need to be particularly beautiful. The most important thing is that you don't mind my lack of ambition and are willing to live a leisurely life with me."

  The eldest prince nodded. This was something the third prince could say.

  He then asked the prince, "What about you? You are the protagonist today."

  "Let's pick someone we can chat with." The prince picked up the teacup and took a sip of tea. "Otherwise, it would be uncomfortable to sit together and stare at each other all day long."

  big

  The prince looked at the paintings and said, "What do you think will happen if each of us chooses a different painting?"

  The prince laughed and said, "You are trying to embarrass our mother."

  "I'm just curious." The eldest prince took out a painting and said, "I think this one is very good, lively and interesting. The leaves are fluttering just by looking at it."