Chapter 208: Doubt

"And to be honest, although I heard Madam's words in the carriage that day, I also had a good impression of Madam." Li Zhiyin smiled, "But after all, it was only a brief contact for a while, I can't say that I understand Madam, and I have reservations about my opinion of Madam."

"But today, when I heard Madam's words at the banquet, I knew that Madam must be the same kind of person as me." Li Zhiyin stood up and bowed to Li Mumu, "I was reserved about Madam before, please don't blame Madam."

Li Mumu hurriedly stood up and returned the greeting, "How could it be. As Miss Li said, if it were me, I would do the same."

Li Zhiyin smiled, "Let me tell you, Madam and I are the same kind of people."

Li Mumu smiled but said nothing.

Li Zhiyin pulled Li Mumu to sit down and asked her, "Madam, are you willing to make friends with me?"

"It's my honor." Li Mumu smiled.

After Li Zhiyin thanked Li Mumu, he did not ignore Madam Shang, and the three of them chatted happily. They

also agreed to meet often in the future.

Gu Shangqing and the other two in front also finished their chat.

Li Mumu left with Gu Shangqing.

In the carriage, Gu Shangqing said to Shang Wufeng: "General, I ran into my wife in the garden during the banquet."

Shang Wufeng: "... You don't need to tell me about your love affair. I have a wife too."

"..." Gu Shangqing held his forehead, "No, after my wife left, I found that the daughter of Su Zhifu had been peeking in the dark."

"Huh?" Shang Wufeng blinked, "She... is there something wrong?"

Gu Shangqing is good-looking, Shang Wufeng's first reaction was also doubt, could it be that the daughter of Su Zhifu has taken a fancy to Gu Shangqing?

But soon he felt that this idea was really ridiculous, and no one would believe it if he said it out. No matter

how good-looking Gu Shangqing is, he is only a sixth-rank official, and he has a wife.

The daughter of Su Zhifu, unless her head is stuck in the door, would have nothing better to do than to take a fancy to Gu Shangqing.

"At the beginning, she deliberately squeezed my wife at the banquet." Gu Shangqing told Shang Wufeng what Li Mumu had said to her.

"In the end, in the garden, after my wife left, I found her hiding in the dark. I forced her out, but she asked me how my injury was." Gu Shangqing frowned.

Li Mumu and Madam Shang heard Gu Shangqing's words in the carriage.

Madam Gu was surprised. She knew that Gu Shangqing was injured, but she also knew that only a few people knew about it.

Moreover, they were all military personnel who were trusted by Shang Wufeng.

And they would not leak it to others.

Besides, no matter how much it was leaked, it would not be leaked to Prefect Su.

Otherwise, where could Su Zhier have heard it from?

Li Mumu thought of another point.

If Su Zhier did not meet the injured Gu Shangqing according to the timeline in the original work, how did she know that Gu Shangqing was injured?

Li Mumu lifted the curtain in front of the carriage and asked Gu Shangqing, "How many times have you been injured?"

Gu Shangqing was stunned by her question and answered truthfully, "Minor injuries are common, and everyone in the army is like this. But according to the life-threatening injury mentioned by Su Zhier, it was only that time. But I did see Su Zhier for the first time today."

"She told me that she had a dream that I was injured." Gu Shangqing said, "She even went to the place she dreamed of to save me."

"This statement is full of loopholes. Not to mention how ridiculous the reason of dreaming is, even if it is true, how did the dream show where I was? How did she identify the specific location in the dream? Could there be words in the dream telling her where I was? Moreover, who would go to save someone because of a dream that is not sure whether it is true or false?" () ()

"The place where I was injured is far away from Chong'an. Just because of a dream, I ran all the way there?" Gu Shangqing shook his head.

"This excuse is really untenable." Shang Wufeng frowned.

Gu Shangqing said to Shang Wufeng: "So I'm very curious, how did she know that I was injured? How could she, a girl in the boudoir, get such information?"

"The only source is probably Governor Su."

"But how did Governor Su know?" Gu Shangqing thought a lot, "Governor Su is a civil servant, and he has nothing to do with our military secrets. What is he trying to do?"

"Do you suspect Governor Su of colluding with the enemy?" Shang Wufeng's train of thought perfectly matched Gu Shangqing's.

Li Mumu in the car: "..."

No, how did things develop to this point?

For no reason, you suspect that the heroine's father is colluding with the enemy and treason?

I'm afraid the heroine would never have thought that she just wanted to renew her relationship with the hero, but this action made people suspect that her father was colluding with the enemy.

"This crime is too serious, and I dare not speak out rashly, so I only mentioned this matter to you, General Shang." Gu Shangqing said, "But, it's really strange that Su Zhier knew about my injury, and I dare not let her go."

"That's right." Shang Wufeng nodded seriously, "Send someone to check Su Zhier and find out where she went before and after you were injured."

"Okay." Gu Shangqing said.

Li Mumu: "..."

"We must also secretly investigate Su Guangcheng." Shang Wufeng said, "We must not let him find out."

"Yes."

Li Mumu: "..."

Things seem to be... going off the track.

"General, stop for a moment." Gu Shangqing suddenly said to Shang Wufeng.

"What's wrong?" Shang Wufeng was puzzled, and he stopped the carriage while speaking.

"I'll be back soon." Gu Shangqing jumped off the carriage and went into the shop next to the carriage.

After a while, he brought back a hand warmer, lifted the curtain, and stuffed it into Li Mumu's hand.

Li Mumu took the hand warmer in a daze and found that it was still hot.

"I asked the boss to add some charcoal so you can use it right away." Gu Shangqing said.

Shang Wufeng was shocked, "Did you just buy this?"

"I saw Madam Shang using it, and then I knew you could use it to warm your hands." Gu Shangqing said, "I met my wife in the garden of the General's Mansion before, and found that her hands were frozen red. Now that I pass by and see it for sale, I quickly bought it to warm my wife's hands."

"You..." Shang Wufeng didn't know what to say, "You really love my wife."

Gu Shangqing shook his head, "I didn't do a good job, otherwise I wouldn't have thought of this."

Madam Shang joked with a smile, "Do you think that General Shang thought of what I have in my hand? I bought all these by myself, he would never have thought of it."

Shang Wufeng: "..."

"It's so cold, let's go." After saying that, Shang Wufeng drove the horse again.

When the carriage started moving, Shang Wufeng whispered to Gu Shangqing: "Next time you do it secretly, don't be so ostentatious. Otherwise, how can I live as a human being?" He

would be scolded by Madam when he returned home.

Gu Shangqing: "..."

How do I know that these were not done by you?