Chapter 294: Lure the Snake Out of Its Hole

Li Mumu, along with two female soldiers lent to her by Li Zhiyin, Su Mei and Su Lan, and Li Mingyu, set out from the capital together.

  Li Mumu couldn't ride a horse, so she took a carriage with Su Mei and Su Lan, while Li Mingyu drove outside.

  The four of them left the capital and their journey was relatively smooth and safe.

  I didn't encounter any thieves or robbers.

  As a result, when we were almost reaching Chong'an, it was already dark.

  You have to pass through two more towns before you can enter Chong'an City.

  Traveling overnight was bound to be dangerous, so Li Mingyu suggested that they rest for a night in the town ahead.

  "We will reach the town ahead in half an hour." Li Mingyu said to Li Mumu in the carriage while driving.

  "Okay." Li Mumu nodded.

  She was anxious to find Gu Shangqing, but she didn't want to cause trouble.

  After entering the town, I found an inn that was neither big nor small.

  It's not the most luxurious in town, but it's not shabby either. It's quite standard and low-key.

  After getting off the carriage, Su Mei whispered something in Li Mumu's ear.

  The four of them entered the inn.

"Boss, I need three rooms." Li Mumu said.

  The shopkeeper took out three keys and handed them to the three men.

  The rooms for three people are next to each other.

  Su Mei and Su Lan share a room, next to Li Mumu's room.

  Li Mingyu's room is opposite Li Mumu's.

  Originally, Su Mei and Su Lan wanted to share a room with Li Mumu.

  But for some reason Li Mumu asked for three rooms.

  The room was on the second floor. After going upstairs, Su Lan whispered to Li Mumu, "Madam Gu, why don't you and I stay in the same room? It's safer this way."

  Li Mumu shook her head and whispered, "It is safer, but it also makes people more afraid to act."

  It turned out that just now on the road, Li Mingyu and Su Meisu Lan both noticed that someone was following them.

  Therefore, Li Mingyu felt that it would be dangerous if he continued on his journey.

  But if they had said it while they were driving, the people following them would have heard it and alerted them.

  That's why Li Mingyu didn't say anything, but just said that it was dangerous to walk at night.

  Li Mingyu was the first to discover it, and after a while, Su Mei and Su Lan also discovered it.

  The two of them exchanged glances and waited quietly to see when the other would make a move.

  But until

  After entering the town, we didn't see any action from the other side.

  This is what Su Mei whispered in Li Mumu's ear when they just got off the carriage.

  She thought that if Li Mumu knew there was danger, she would definitely stay in the same room with the two sisters.

  Who knew that Li Mumu actually wanted a room of her own.