Chapter 202: How Good Would your Relationship with Li Mumu Be?

"Is there a spy in the front yard?" Governor Su immediately thought of this.

"I'll go check it out right away." Butler Sun said.

"By the way, where are General Li and his men? They should be here by now." Governor Su said again.

"Yes." Butler Sun hurried to see.

Housekeeper Sun came back soon after he left, "Sir, General Li and Miss Li met Gu Shangqing on their way here, and the three of them chatted there for a while. It is said that Gu Shangqing just left, and General Li is coming here with Miss Li now."

Governor Su was stunned, "Is Gu Shangqing very familiar with them?"

Housekeeper Sun said, "I haven't heard of this, but I heard that Madam Gu and Miss Li have a good relationship, and the two of them have had dinner together at Wangyou Xiaoxi. I just haven't heard how good their relationship is."

Governor Su pondered for a while, "You said, did General Li and Li Zhiyin come here today to seek justice for Madam Gu?"

Housekeeper Sun was stunned for a moment, "This... Miss Li and Madam Gu's relationship can't be that good? How good of a relationship do they have to have for Madam Gu to come here in person to seek justice for her just because she was targeted by the young lady? And even bring General Li with him?"

"Even if Miss Li has a good relationship with Madam Gu, it is difficult to invite General Li." Butler Sun said slowly, "General Li will not intervene just because of the conflict between his two daughters."

"That's exactly what I'm hesitant about." Governor Su stood up and paced back and forth in the study. "If it's for Li Mumu, Li Zhiyin can bring General Li here. How close does that mean she has to be with Li Mumu?"

No one would believe this kind of thing if they told it to others.

No one would think that Li Huailin would come to him in person to help Li Zhiyin stand up for Li Mumu.

"So, you also think that their coming has nothing to do with Li Mumu's affairs, right?" Governor Su asked Butler Sun.

Butler Sun lowered his head and said, "I am short-sighted and dare not speak nonsense. But I really don't dare to think that General Li would come here for Li Mumu's affairs."

"Even if the young lady really did something wrong in this matter, there is no need to make such a fuss." Butler Sun said.

Prefect Su nodded, "You go out and wait, they should be here soon."

"Yes." Not long after housekeeper Sun went out, Prefect Su heard housekeeper Sun's enthusiastic voice outside, "General Li, Miss Li."

Prefect Su also hurriedly tidied up his robe and went out. Standing at the door of the study, he saw Li Huailin and Li Zhiyin walking towards this side.

Prefect Su hurriedly went to greet them, "General Li and Miss Li came in person, and I am sorry for not welcoming them from afar. It's just that I just met the guests and really didn't have time to greet them in person. I hope the general will forgive me."

"We came suddenly, and it's also a bit rude." Li Huailin said politely, "Just now I also saw Shang Qing, was he the guest that Lord Su met?"

Prefect Su was shocked. When did Li Huailin become so close to Gu Shang Qing?

He even addressed him so intimately.

"It's General Gu." Su Zhifu said hurriedly, "General, please come in."

Then, he said to Li Zhiyin, "My daughter is also at home today. If Miss Li doesn't mind, I will let my daughter accompany Miss Li to stroll in the garden?"

"No need." Li Huailin said, "This time I came here not for my granddaughter to have tea and chat with Miss Su, but for other important matters."

Su Zhifu's heart tightened, but he smiled, "Please come in, both of you."

Li Huailin and Li Zhiyin entered the study room. The door of the study room was closed. The housekeeper was waiting outside from a distance and did not dare to approach.

He was afraid of hearing something he shouldn't hear and getting into trouble.

The whole Su Mansion didn't know what Su Zhifu talked about with Li Huailin and Li Zhiyin in the study room.

But the three of them talked for two hours.

After Su Zhifu came out, although he tried his best to maintain a smile, people could still see that the smile on his face was very forced.

Su Zhifu personally sent Li Huailin and Li Zhiyin out of the Su Mansion.

After watching the two get on the carriage and leave, his face completely sank.

"Sir." Steward Sun called cautiously.

"Ask the Madam to see me." Magistrate Su waved his hand and turned to enter the mansion.

Originally, he was going to check whether what Gu Shangqing said was true or not.

Unexpectedly, Li Huailin and Li Zhiyin came to talk about the same thing as Gu Shangqing.

However, Li Huailin and Li Zhiyin seemed to come only for yesterday's incident.

But some of the words that Li Zhiyin revealed also hinted at Su Zhier's thoughts about Gu Shangqing.

Unexpectedly, Li Huailin and Li Zhiyin knew about this matter.

Who could have said it?

Magistrate Su immediately thought of Li Mumu. Gu Shangqing would never tell Li Huailin about this matter, and it would be even more inconvenient to talk about it with Li Zhiyin.

Then it could only be that Li Mumu told Li Zhiyin.

However, the relationship between Li Mumu and Li Zhiyin seemed to be better than many people saw.

Even such a thing could be told to Li Zhiyin, and Li Zhiyin could really call General Li to come and help Li Mumu.

Prefect Su also understood that Li Huailin and Li Zhiyin came this time to help Li Mumu.

The main reason was that they could not stand Su Zhier's abuse of power.

As Gu Shangqing said, Su Zhier could now use his name to accuse anyone.

This time, Li Mumu was wrongly accused, but what if she was wrong? What if the boss of Wangyou Xiaojie was just an ordinary person, or someone he couldn't afford to offend?

For example, this time, in addition to Li Mumu, there was also Li Zhiyin, the boss of Wangyou Xiaojie.

Prefect Su never thought that he was a fair and honest person, otherwise he would not have reached the level of a prefect.

But in the officialdom, he was also walking on thin ice.

Even if he used his power to do something, he would measure it and confirm that it was beneficial to him, rather than doing it recklessly.

He would never do something like Su Zhier, which would harm others and himself, or even cause trouble for himself, and he would never allow anyone to do such a thing under his name.

Magistrate Su returned to the study room with an angry look on his face. After a while, Mrs. Su also arrived.

"Sir, what's the matter?" Mrs. Su saw Magistrate Su's angry face as soon as she came in.

On the way here, Butler Sun reminded Mrs. Su that Magistrate Su had locked Su Zhier in Zhuyazhai.

Gu Shangqing, Li Huailin and Li Zhiyin had come here one after another.

As for why they came here, Butler Sun did not say, and he himself did not know. Although he had a guess in his heart, he would not rashly tell Madam Su.

It was already very good to be able to tell Madam Su these things.

If Madam Su is smart, she can guess it herself.

Madam Su really guessed it. When she heard Butler Sun's hint on the way, she was sweating in this cold weather.

She hurriedly gave Butler Sun a reward and thanked him specially.