Chapter 289: Closing the Store

Because Li Zhiyin assigned two female soldiers to Li Mumu, Li Mumu did not ask Madam Shang to give any more.

  However, Li Mumu had another reason for looking for Madam Shang, which was that she hoped to let General Shang know through Madam Shang that she was going to look for Gu Shangqing.

  Sure enough, the next day after she contacted Madam Shang, General Shang asked Madam Shang to send her a message.

  Li Mumu hurriedly took Gu Mian to Shang Mansion.

  Now that there are more servants in the Gu family's house, Gu Mian no longer needs to do the original work.

  But Gu Mian had been with the Gu family for a long time, and when there were few servants, all the work was done by Gu Mian.

  Gu Mian is diligent and honest, and never cheats or does anything cunning. Now that there are more servants, Gu Mian was promoted to the head maid beside Li Mumu.

  When Li Mumu goes out, she likes to take Gu Mian with her.

  Gu Mian is obedient and never asks too many questions about what she is told to do, and she will make sure it is done well.

  When going to see Madam Shang, Li Mumu asked Gu Mian to wait outside.

  As expected, Madam Shang said, "I sent you a letter this time asking you to come here, not because I want to see you, but because the general wants to see you. It is not convenient for the general to go to you directly now, so I am acting as a middleman and asking you to come here."

  Li Mumu nodded and said, "But does the general have any news about my husband?"

  As soon as he finished speaking, General Shang walked out from the inner room.

  General Shang shook his head and said, "It has been more than a month since I last heard from Ze Ming."

  "Ze Ming and I agreed to use the military's secret communication method to promptly transmit his situation to me and let me know that he is safe." General Shang explained, "Because it uses a special military channel, it is not convenient for him to use that channel to send letters home."

  "Plus, this matter was privately ordered by the Saint, so I dare not go to you rashly, for fear of causing the Saint's displeasure." General Shang said, "Ze Ming is already taking a great risk. If it succeeds, it will be a great achievement. His contribution should not be discounted because of my impatience."

  Li Mumu nodded, "I understand."

  "It's been over a month now, and I haven't heard from Zeming. Especially now that things should have come to an end. If everything went well, he should have returned to Daxi and should have given me some news. But he hasn't."

  Li Mumu said: "He also made an agreement with me.

  In a month and ten days, he will come back. If he hasn't come back by then, then..."

  "He told me not to wait anymore." Li Mumu said.

  "But I don't believe it. Just like last time, everyone in the village said he died in battle, but he was fine and came back safe and sound, wasn't he?" Li Mumu said, "So this time, no matter what others say, I won't believe it unless I see his body with my own eyes."

  "Even if I can't enter the Turkic Empire, I will still inquire carefully at the border." Li Mumu said.

  "That's why I came to you," General Shang said. "I have a job to do and cannot leave Beijing without permission. Besides Ze Ming, the people I trust most are Zhu Yao Ming and Huang Ke Xiao. But they cannot leave Beijing without permission either."