Chapter 278: If You Still Can't Come Back, I'll Go Find You

"But the Turks are in the capital, so it's impossible for them to do nothing. They are so unwilling to even negotiate peace, and it's rare for them to come to the capital, so how could they not do something? They will definitely conduct a secret investigation."

  "I don't believe there aren't some hidden Turkic agents in the capital." Li Mumu said, "They should be able to get some information about Daxi in the capital as soon as possible."

  "Then they must have found out what Su Zhier said she could predict." Li Mumu said, "Do you think they believed it or not?"

  Gu Shangqing: "..."

  Li Mumu has guessed this, it would be really boring if Gu Shangqing still pretends to be stupid.

  Gu Shangqing could only smile bitterly and said, "You guessed it all."

  "We don't know whether the Turks believed it or not." Gu Shangqing said, and told Li Mumu about what he found today in the Dali Temple Prison. "So, we think that the Turks were able to do it so flawlessly before, but now they have left such obvious clues. I'm afraid they are also testing us."

  "Let us know that they captured Su Zhier and see our attitude. If we chase her, it proves that Su Zhier's predictive ability is real. If we ignore her, it proves that her predictive ability is fake."

  "So, what the saint means is that we don't have to bring Su Zhier back, but we have to make the Turks believe that Su Zhier really has the ability to predict the future. Let the Turks believe Su Zhier's nonsense and cause chaos among them."

  "The saint wants you to go to the Turks?" Li Mumu asked.

  Gu Shangqing smiled bitterly, "Madam is really too smart, nothing can be hidden from you."

  "This is very obvious. You captured Alp, and then the Turks were defeated."

  "Of course, this can't be attributed to you alone, but your capture of Alp was the trigger for this series of events and also led to this peace talk." Li Mumu said, "The Turks hate you to the core, so they have already thoroughly investigated our family before we even arrived in Daxi."

  "So, the Turks have been keeping a close eye on your every move since then. As long as you move, they will definitely know. They may not be able to understand your movements clearly, but at least they know that you left the capital."

  "Of course I won't know it right away." After all, the Turks are so far away from the capital, and it's not like a modern phone call or even a chat app.

  Able to communicate at any time.

  Even if there are Turkic spies in the capital who have not been discovered, it will take time for them to send the message and pass it on to the Turks.

  "It's possible that you have already rushed to the border before the Turks received the news that you left the capital." Li Mumu said, "But since they are paying attention to you, they know your movements more promptly than others."

  "So in the eyes of the saint, you are the most suitable candidate." Li Mumu said in a deep voice, "But from our perspective, we naturally don't want you to take risks."

  "You entered the Turks. Unlike in Daxi, the Turkic spies were far away from the Turks, and it took a long time to pass on the message." Li Mumu said, "At that time, if the spies found your whereabouts, the news could be quickly passed on to Bagatur and others."

  Gu Shangqing is too dangerous.

  "Are you the only one going there?" Li Mumu asked, "Are there others?"

  Gu Shangqing shook his head. "I'm the only one here. If there's one more person, I won't be as flexible."

  "But it also means a little more danger. One more person can provide a little more protection. At critical moments, we can help each other." Save a life.

  After a pause, Li Mumu said, "But it's not entirely a good thing. One more person means one more risk of being betrayed."

  "No matter what, nothing is perfect." Gu Shangqing said.

  Li Mumu nodded, "This is what the saint meant. Even if I say I don't want you to go, it's useless. You can't make the decision yourself."

  The more Li Mumu spoke, the more her voice trembled, and the harder she tried to control herself from losing her composure.

  "I won't tell your family that you went to the Turks. I'll keep it a secret for you." Li Mumu said, "Hide it until you come back, and then you can tell them yourself."

  "If...if you can't come back..." Li Mumu's eyes were red, "How much time do you give yourself? If the trip goes smoothly, how long will it take to come back?"

  Gu Shangqing thought for a moment and said, "About two months."

  "If you don't come back in two months, then I might..." Gu Shangqing's voice lowered.

  Li Mumu nodded, "Okay, then two months."

  "I'll give you ten more days. Two months and ten days, if you still can't come back, I'll go find you." Li Mumu said.

  Gu Shangqing looked at Li Mumu in surprise, "What?"

  He never thought he would hear such an answer from Li Mumu.

  He thought that if Li Mumu had been waiting for him for all these days and he still didn't come back, it meant that he had died outside and would never come back.

  However, he didn't expect that after waiting for him for so long, Li Mumu didn't want to confirm his death, but to find him.

  "Madam." Gu Shangqing felt as if something was stuck in his throat, bitter and astringent. His heart was tight and uncomfortable, and he couldn't utter the rest of the words for a long time.

  "You are out there, maybe you are seriously injured and can't come back for a while. Maybe you are stuck by something or someone, or maybe you are being hunted and can't show up, so you can only hide. In short, there are many possibilities, it's not that you are dead." Li Mumu said, "If I don't see your body with my own eyes and confirm with my own eyes that you are dead, I will assume that you are still alive and I will definitely find you."

  "Isn't it the same thing when you were mistakenly informed of your death in battle?" Li Mumu said, "At that time, because I didn't look for you or investigate, I believed you were dead. But you came back safe and sound."

  "I didn't have the ability to find you at that time, but it's different now. I have the ability. No matter life or death, I must at least find you." Li Mumu said.

  "But that's the Turks!" Gu Shangqing said anxiously, "If there are errand shops and freight shops in Daxi to help you, I won't be too worried even if you go alone. Besides, we have my elder brother and second brother, who will definitely not let you go alone."

  "But if you go to Turkestan, based on my understanding of you, you won't tell your family." Gu Shangqing said, "You will just find an excuse and go to me alone. If you go to Turkestan alone, you..."

  Gu Shangqing said with red eyes: "Do you know how dangerous the Turks are? Do you know that the Turks are bloodthirsty? If they catch the Daxi people, they will kill them for fun, not to mention that you are a woman. If you are caught by them, do you know what you will experience?"

  "I know." She had read history and knew about the murders and bloodshed committed by foreign invaders, and even the term "two-legged sheep".

  "If you are worried about me, then come back safe and sound." Li Mumu whispered.