Chapter 254: Flower Viewing Banquet

"But if there is a freight shop, everyone will have things to deliver. With so many people in Beijing, we can definitely find someone to ship to Chong'an together. With more people, we can ship everyone's things together, and the cost will be lower."

  "Not just in the capital, the goods can be transported to the next location, such as Weihe City." Li Zhiyin said, "Even if there is no one in the capital who wants to send things to Chong'an, there must be someone in Weihe, right? If there is no one in Weihe, there must be someone in Zhaoxia, right? Daxi is so big, there must be a town with it, right?"

  "By analogy, the same goes for sending things to other places." Li Zhiyin said.

  "That's right." Li Mumu said, "It's not cost-effective to transport a single item, but it's still possible to transport many items together."

  "It's just like a errand shop. We recruit delivery workers from all over the place and deliver goods to people's homes. After delivering the goods, we ask the consignee to sign, and then return the delivery note to the sender." Li Mumu said.

  "This is indeed a good idea." Li Zhiyin nodded, "But it's much more difficult to run than a errand shop, and it requires setting up transit warehouses in various places."

  "So I think we should implement it first in places where there are errand shops." Li Mumu said, "For the time being, we will only deliver it to places where there are errand shops."

  "Even so, it has been a great help. There are still many people willing to give it a try." Mrs. Shang said.

  Li Mumu nodded. "Once the freight shop is really opened, we can slowly expand it to other places in the future. We can even run the freight shop and the errand shop in parallel. Wherever the errand shop opens, the freight shop will open there. With the errand shop as the pioneer, it will be easier to open the freight shop."

  "Then we have to start it quickly." Madam Shang said impatiently, "The sooner we start it, the better."

  "Since you think it's feasible, I'll give it a try." Li Mumu said.

  Seeing that Li Zhiyin and the monk's wife were also eager to try, Li Mumu asked with a smile: "Are you interested too?"

  "Well, this is your idea. It's really not appropriate for us to get involved in everything." Madam Shang said, "But I am really interested in this matter."

  "It's such a big business. I need to open so many stores across the country. I can't do it alone." Li Mumu said, "If you can join me, I will be more than happy."

  "In that case, I won't be polite." Li Zhiyin said with a smile.

  "I'll join in too," said Madam Shang. "But, can't we forget Huilan? Even though she's far away in Chong'an, she'll definitely be angry if she knows we have a new business and don't bring her along."

  "Then let's write a letter to tell Sister Min." Li Mumu immediately ordered someone to bring paper and pen and wrote down the whole story.

  The three of them signed their names, and Li Zhiyin handed the letter to Cui Liu, "Give the letter to Steward Wang, and ask him to arrange for someone to deliver it to Chong'an to Mrs. Zuo Tongzhi."

  "Yes." Cui Liu took the letter and went away.

  "Actually, I asked you to come here this time because I have something to tell you." Li Zhiyin said.

  "What's the matter?" Li Mumu's heart sank when she saw Li Zhiyin's expression turn serious.

  "In five days, the Queen will hold a flower-viewing banquet," Li Zhiyin said, "and invite the wives of court officials and nobles."

  "A flower-viewing banquet?" Madam Shang knew more about these matters than Li Mumu. "Is the Queen going to choose a princess for the Crown Prince?"

  "And there is the eldest prince." Li Zhiyin said, although everyone knew that the eldest prince was just a bonus in the eyes of the queen.

  But the eldest prince and his biological mother, Concubine Shu, don't think so.

  They also don't need the queen to choose for the eldest prince.

  He wanted to take advantage of this flower-viewing banquet to take a good look at the ladies from various families and choose a princess from a powerful family for the eldest prince.

  Li Mumu immediately thought of it, "Then you..."

  Li Zhiyin is the granddaughter of General Li, who commands a large army and is deeply trusted by the saint.

  It can be said that whoever can marry Li Zhiyin will undoubtedly give himself a great boost.

  There is a high possibility that the Queen wants to win Li Zhiyin for the Prince, and since the eldest prince has his heart set on the throne, he will not give up.

  Looking around the court, there is really no one more suitable than Li Zhiyin.

  Li Zhiyin shook her head. "I have no say in this matter. Since I have enjoyed many privileges, I cannot shirk my responsibilities when it is my turn."

  "In fact, grandpa meant not to get involved in the affairs of the royal family. Although the position of the crown prince is now stable, there is no guarantee that there will be no changes.

  Royal affairs are always unstable." Li Zhiyin whispered.

  Li Mumu really admired General Li's foresight.

  She had read the original novel and knew that in the novel, the prince had angered the saint for some unknown reason.

  According to the original work, the sage is in poor health and is getting older, while the prince is young and healthy, and has great prestige in the court.

  Especially during the period when the emperor was seriously ill and the crown prince was regent, the crown prince enjoyed an extremely good reputation among court officials and the people.

  After the saint recovered from his illness, he looked at the young and handsome prince and couldn't help feeling a little unwilling and jealous.

  Later, no one knew what secret happened. The original novel was told from the perspective of the heroine. Because the heroine did not know the secrets of the royal family, she only said that one day, the prince committed a serious crime and angered the saint, and was deposed.

  Li Mumu didn't know much about the prince, but from the few words she heard after arriving in the capital, she felt that the prince was a good crown prince.

  No matter how much the eldest prince jumps around, he cannot shake the position of the crown prince.

  The Crown Prince also seemed to never take the eldest prince's jumping around seriously. He was as steady as a rock, making people feel at ease just by looking at him.

  Anything assigned to the prince was completed beautifully and properly.

  Li Mumu really couldn't understand what such a person would do in the future to anger the saint.

  But now that she knew about this, it was impossible for Li Mumu to say nothing and watch Li Zhiyin being unprepared.

  She said, "General Li is right. To be honest, throughout history, has there ever been a crown prince who could really... sit firmly on the throne and ascend to the throne safely and securely?"

  Li Mumu lowered his voice, "None of us can predict what will happen in the future. The saint is still in good health now. But... no matter how heroic an emperor is, when he gets old and sees that his glory is gone, and then looks at the prince who is in his prime and has lofty ambitions, it is inevitable..."

  Li Zhiyin hurriedly held Li Mumu's hand and squeezed it a little harder, "Shh!"

  "I know you're doing this for me, so stop talking." Li Zhiyin whispered, "After all, this is happening outside. If someone hears it, it will be a disaster!"

  Li Mumu nodded and whispered, "I know that if things come to an end, even General Li will not be able to stop it. But now it hasn't happened yet, we are still speculating, there is still time."