Chapter 184: Why doesn't Lord Lin Trust Me?

Everyone came to the government office, and the people who had been watching before, who had nothing to do, also came to join in the fun and watch the situation inside from outside the government office.

County Magistrate Lin sat at the top, listening to Shopkeeper Li's story, and then asked the man, "Zhang Guifu, do you have anything to add?"

"Sir, Shopkeeper Li said that the ingredients in their store are fresh and clean, but we don't know. We wanted to go and see, but she wouldn't let us." Zhang Guifu said, "She said she could ask the officials to check. But now it's been so long, even if they let the officials check now, they have plenty of time to throw away those bad, unclean, and sick things, and replace them with good ones."

"So even if they check now and the ingredients are all good, I don't believe it!" Zhang Guifu said, "Who knows if they have already replaced them? If there is no problem, why didn't they dare to let us check at the beginning?"

At this time, the lawyer walked to County Magistrate Lin's side, bent down and whispered something in his ear.

Of course, the people in the hall couldn't hear it.

County Magistrate Lin looked up in surprise, blinked, and then said to the people in the hall: "I have an urgent official business to deal with, you wait here first."

Then, he got up and left in a hurry.

When he arrived at the back hall and saw the people waiting inside, County Magistrate Lin hurriedly said, "Miss Su."

"Sir Lin, I'm sorry to bother you." Su Zhi'er took off her veil and said.

"No, I don't know Miss Su..." County Magistrate Lin was puzzled. The daughter of the prefect suddenly came to his yamen in person.

County Magistrate Lin really didn't understand.

"Sir Lin, I'll tell you straight." Su Zhi'er said, "I also know what happened in the hall."

"Oh?" County Magistrate Lin hurriedly went over the matter in his mind, "Miss Su, is it for the Wangyou Xiaoxi?"

County Magistrate Lin knew that Wangyou Xiaoxi was very popular among the female relatives in Chong'an in recent days.

Even his wife often went to Wangyou Xiaoxi to eat and drink, and came back to tell him that Wangyou Xiaoxi was really an elegant place.

They women finally have a place to eat and chat in peace.

In short, Wangyou Xiaoxi was praised very well.

Su Zhi'er was the daughter of the prefect, and I think she often went to Wangyou Xiaoxi with her friends on weekdays.

County Magistrate Lin thought that Su Zhier came to speak for Wangyou Xiaojie. He was still wondering in his heart, is Wangyou Xiaojie so important in the hearts of these ladies?

"Lord Lin has misunderstood. I am not here for Wangyou Xiaoxi." Su Zhier smiled, "I am here for that couple."

"Ah?" County Magistrate Lin was surprised, "What is the relationship between those two and Miss Su?"

Su Zhier smiled, "Those two are the brother and sister-in-law of my maid. I know my maid's family. They are all honest people. If they were not forced into a corner, they would not have made a scene in front of Wangyou Xiaoxi."

"And their lives are also very tight. According to my maid, yesterday was her sister-in-law's birthday. They are a loving couple and usually live frugally, but because yesterday was her sister-in-law's birthday, her eldest brother specially asked her sister-in-law to invite her friends to Wangyou Xiaoxi to celebrate, eat some of their favorite food, don't have to work at home, and relax for a day."

"Who knew that originally a good thing would actually make her sister-in-law have a stomachache." Su Zhier sighed, "I wanted to be alone and didn't want to go to the clinic. Going to the clinic and getting some medicine would cost a lot of money."

"Who knew that her sister-in-law suddenly had a high fever this morning and was unconscious." Su Zhier said, "So I quickly carried her to the clinic and took medicine, and she got better."

"It was supposed to be a good birthday, but she couldn't relax and be happy, and she suffered so much." Su Zhier sighed, "I usually save money, thinking that I can be extravagant once to make her sister-in-law happy. Who knew that she didn't enjoy the blessing, but spent such a large sum of money. How can they accept this? They went to Wangyou to take a rest, but the shopkeeper Li refused to admit it."

County Magistrate Lin pondered for a while and said, "Why did I hear that it was the shopkeeper Li who proposed to report to the police. Instead, the two people didn't dare to come?"

If someone really acts openly, has a clear conscience, and is not guilty, how can he be afraid of seeing the officials?

Like the shopkeeper Li, he is confident that it has nothing to do with her Wangyou rest, so he is not afraid to take the initiative to report it.

On the contrary, the couple's performance is more like a guilty conscience.

Su Zhier had already thought of a response in her mind, "They are all honest people. They have never seen any officials in their lives, let alone yamen runners. How can they not be nervous when they are suddenly asked to come to the yamen?"

County Magistrate Lin thought for a while and asked, "Then what Miss Su means is..."

"No matter what, compared to Wangyou Xiaoxie, they are the weaker ones. How can they beat Wangyou Xiaoxie? Wangyou Xiaoxie also has many ways to forge some evidence to prove his so-called innocence." Su Zhier said, "So, I beg Lord Lin to help the two of them."

County Magistrate Lin thought for a long time before asking, "Does Lord Su know that Miss Su is coming?"

Su Zhier said vaguely, "How can I hide my affairs from my father?"

"Lord Lin, if you can really help me, I will definitely have a good talk with my father." Su Zhier said, "And I know that Lord Lin has always been a good official who loves the people like his own children."

"You always put the people first, and you are not the kind of person who favors the rich and powerful. Lord Lin will certainly not sit idly by when my maid's brother and sister-in-law are bullied by Wangyou Xiaojie." Su Zhier said, "Besides, Wangyou Xiaojie got sick from eating, so it is reasonable for Wangyou Xiaojie to pay for their medicine. But it's just a little money for medicine, what does it mean to Wangyou Xiaojie?"

"But it's different for him and his wife, it's like saving their lives." Su Zhier said, "Now the people outside the yamen are ordinary people in Chong'an City, and they can see that Lord Lin doesn't judge cases based on money or who is stronger, but really speaks for ordinary people."

County Magistrate Lin didn't care about these. Su Zhier's words were useless to him.

County Magistrate Lin only cared whether Su Zhifu meant the same thing.

"Miss Su, I don't judge cases based on money or who is stronger, I only look at evidence and strive for fairness." County Magistrate Lin said.

"Yes." Su Zhier nodded, "That's why I feel more confident that they can come to the yamen to ask Lord Lin for justice."

"Miss Su, does Lord Su really know about this?" County Magistrate Lin asked again.

Su Zhier smiled slightly and said, "Why doesn't Lord Lin trust me? This is just a small matter. I just need to mention it to my father. My father never cares about such small matters. He only cares about how Lord Lin judges."