Chapter 218: Opening the Back Door

Gu Shangqing stopped with the horse, and also stopped with Li Mumu.

After a while, when the boy came out of the shed, Gu Shangqing pulled Li Mumu over, tied the horse outside the shed, and said to Li Mumu: "Wait for me inside for a while, or go home first?"

Li Mumu guessed Gu Shangqing's plan, so he said: "I'll wait for you in the shed, and I have something to ask the clerk."

"Okay." Gu Shangqing nodded, and followed the direction where the boy left.

Li Mumu entered the shed.

"Mrs. Gu." The clerk at the registration point saw Li Mumu and stood up quickly.

Except for Xu Changyong, Yu Dabin, Tan Shiyi and Cheng Jifu, who were the most seriously injured.

The other soldiers were still not hindered from walking.

"Please take a seat. You don't have to be polite to me." Li Mumu said, "Does the servant who just came in want to buy anything?"

"Yes, he asked the waiter to go and buy him two pots of wine, a plate of fried crispy meat, a plate of tofu with scallions, a plate of hand-pulled mutton, and a plate of fried peanuts. Moreover, they have to be secretly delivered to the back door of the Su Mansion, knocking on the door with two long, one short, and two long knocks."

Li Mumu: "..."

It sounded like the servants of the Su Mansion sneaked out to buy some wine and food.

After a while, Gu Shangqing also came back.

"What's wrong?" Li Mumu asked.

Gu Shangqing smiled, "We were too suspicious this time. The boy just came quietly to order the dishes and asked the waiter to deliver them secretly. He sneaked out without telling anyone in the mansion, thinking that he and a few friends in the mansion would have nothing to do in the evening, so they would get together to drink, eat meat and chat. It's too late for them to use the kitchen in the mansion. Even if they can use it, they have to pay the chef, and the taste is not necessarily good. Since it's all costing money, it's better to buy it directly from the restaurant outside, which is more delicious."

"Before, there was no errand runner to buy for them, so they couldn't go out of the mansion at will. They could only ask the chef to cook some for them during the day and keep it for the evening. Or they would see who was going out of the mansion and ask someone to buy some braised meat or something like that to go with the wine in the evening."

"Today, I heard that a errand shop had opened and there was a registration point nearby, so I asked someone to cover it, sneaked out, registered quickly and went back."

Li Mumu was surprised and said, "You only followed for a while, and you know so many things?"

"These things are not difficult to find out." Gu Shangqing said with a smile.

The two returned to the Gu family.

Li Mumu thought about the fact that the servant of the Su Mansion secretly went to the registration point to ask the waiter to run errands to buy wine and food, so she sent a message to Li Zhiyin, Madam Shang and Min Huilan, asking them if they had time to meet at Wangyou Xiaoxi tomorrow.

All three replied that they could.

So the next day, Li Mumu went to the wing room on the third floor of Wangyou Xiaoxi according to the agreed time.

Li Mumu arrived first, and soon, Li Zhiyin and the other two arrived one after another.

"I haven't congratulated you yet. I heard that the errand shop was very prosperous as soon as it opened yesterday." Li Zhiyin said with a smile.

"It's all the support of the people. They feel sorry for our Daxi soldiers." Li Mumu sighed, "It's only lively for the past two days. It is estimated that it will return to normal from tomorrow and the day after tomorrow. There will still be customers coming, but it won't be as overwhelming as yesterday."

"However, this time I asked you out because of the errand shop." Li Mumu said directly.

"But is there anything you need our help with?" Madam Shang asked with a smile.

"That's right." Li Mumu asked with a smile, "When I went home yesterday, I saw the servant of Su Zhifu's house also secretly ran out of the door and went to the nearby registration point to ask the waiter to buy some wine and food. He also instructed them to deliver it to the back door of the Su Mansion, and to knock on the door with two long, one short, and two long."

Li Zhiyin's mouth twitched, "He is very cautious."

"My husband checked, and it turned out that he is a servant in their house. When he has free time, he will make an appointment with his friends to eat, drink, chat and relax." Li Mumu said. She told Li Zhiyin and the other two what Gu Shangqing had said to her.

"I thought that if the Su Mansion is like this, then most servants of wealthy families are like this." Li Mumu said, "So today I asked them to sort out yesterday's registration forms and see that many of them are to be sent to the back doors of various mansions."

Min Huilan's eyes lit up, "Does my mansion have any?"

"Your mansions all have some," Li Mumu said, "I don't know your attitude towards this kind of thing, but..."

"I don't care." Li Zhiyin said, "Their indentures are all in the mansion. If they really want to do something to betray the mansion, it will be useless even if they are strictly guarded. Some behaviors that are not too excessive do not need to be controlled too strictly."

"Yes, now that they can sneak out of the mansion, it means it is not the first time they have done this." Madam Shang said, "Since such a thing has happened before, we won't be able to stop them in the future. It's just that this time they were seen because of the errand shop."

Min Huilan nodded, "This is good, at least we know they are going to the errand shop, and we all know it. It's better than them going to a place we don't know and doing something wrong."

"Besides, your errand shop can actually provide us with a convenience." Li Zhiyin said, "If we want to know what they usually buy, we can learn from you, and naturally we can infer what they use it for." "

That's a good idea." Madam Shang's eyes lit up.

Li Mumu had some more ideas, maybe the errand shop would be of great use in the future.

But it was not easy to think so far ahead now, so he smiled and said, "Of course there is no problem. If they really did something bad, I can provide evidence here."

Li Zhiyin and others nodded, and Li Mumu said, "I wanted to ask for your opinions, because seeing the servants of each mansion secretly going out to run errands reminded me, can I set up a registration point near the back door of each mansion. It will be convenient for the servants of each mansion to register without having to walk far when they go out."

"It will also save them from having to sneak around and have people watching them, and worry about being discovered when they go out." Li Mumu said, "and the masters of each mansion are also worried that they will sneak out and walk far away, and they don't know what they are doing."

"It's better for me to put the registration point at the back door, so that the servants can't go far, and the masters will know what they have done. If they go far without the master's knowledge, we need to investigate it thoroughly." Li Mumu said, "Kill two birds with one stone."

"What do you think?" Li Mumu asked, "I want to ask you if you are willing for me to put the registration point there. If you are not willing, I will not put it there."

But other families still want to put it there.

The three of them said they had no objection.

"As you said, even if we don't put the registration point at our door, the servants will go out to find it if they want to. In this case, it is better to put it at the door so that they can't go far. If they sneak away in the future, it's okay if we don't find it. If we find it, we can check it out." Li Zhiyin said.