Chapter 248: Can you Believe in Past and Present Lives?

When he arrived in the capital, he exchanged residences with the generals.

Now General Li is in charge of the camp outside the capital, and Gu Shangqing and General Shang also came here together.

Gu Shangqing hurried to the camp, found General Li and General Shang, and told them that Su Zhier wanted to see him.

"I don't know what she wants to say, but I always feel that something is wrong. What if I can get some clues from her that Su Guangcheng is collaborating with the enemy?" Gu Shangqing said, "So I am not in a hurry to meet her. I came here to report to the general first."

"Looking at how anxious Su Zhier's maid is, I think that after being rejected by me this time, Su Zhier will find another opportunity to see me." Gu Shangqing said, "So I think it would be best if someone could accompany me and hide in the dark to listen to what Su Zhier wants to say."

"Besides, there were so many people walking on the street today, and they saw me going to a restaurant to meet another woman in public." Gu Shangqing said, "I can't explain it clearly."

General Li paused and nodded. What Gu Shangqing said made sense.

So he asked General Shang to arrange it.

Just as Gu Shangqing said, Su Zhier would not be willing if he did not go to see her.

On the second day, Su Zhier sent Li to the outside of the military camp to deliver a letter to Gu Shangqing.

Gu Shangqing received the letter and read what it said, saying that Su Zhier had something important to tell him.

Let's meet at Shiwei Building.

Gu Shangqing showed the letter to General Shang, who then appointed Zhu Yaoming and Huang Kexiao to follow Gu Shangqing in secret.

After they had discussed it, Gu Shangqing set out, while Chu Yaoming and Huang Kexiao followed in secret.

When we arrived at the Shiwei Building, Li Lai was waiting inside.

When he saw Gu Shangqing, he immediately lowered his head and walked over, "General Gu, please follow me."

Gu Shangqing had found out which room Su Zhier had booked early in the morning, but he pretended not to know and followed Li Lai.

Zhu Yaoming and Huang Kexiao went to the room next to Su Zhier and waited.

Gu Shangqing entered the room, but Li Lai did not come in. Seeing this, Gu Shangqing said, "Let him come in. Otherwise, it would be unreasonable for only you and me to be in the room."

"General Gu, you are overthinking. I just have something very important that I want to ask General Gu." Su Zhier said.

"you say. "Gu Shangqing walked to the window and opened it.

Su Zhier felt upset when she saw Gu Shangqing being so cautious, as if he was afraid that she would become dependent on him.

"I heard that General Gu led his troops to an expedition a while ago and defeated the Turks." Su Zhier said, "Zhier has not yet congratulated General Gu."

Gu Shangqing's heart moved. Su Zhi'er had brought up the topic of military affairs, so he nodded and said, "Miss Su asked me to come here just for this matter?"

"No, I want to ask if General Gu was injured?" Su Zhier asked, "Did he... encounter any ambush?"

"What ambush?" Gu Shangqing turned and stared at Su Zhier, "Why would Miss Su ask that?"

"No, it's just that going to a war, how can there be absolute safety? As the saying goes, all is fair in war. I asked this question because I was worried that the general might encounter such a thing." Su Zhier made an excuse.

"Miss Su specifically called me out today, I'm afraid she wants to ask me if I've been ambushed?" Gu Shangqing narrowed his eyes, "Miss Su's reaction seems to indicate that I must have been ambushed."

"I'm a little confused. How did Miss Su know there was an ambush?" Gu Shangqing asked. "I never said whether I had ever been ambushed. Why did Miss Su think I had been ambushed?"

Su Zhier thought about it, took a deep breath, and said, "I know General Gu will definitely feel strange."

"Including the first time we met, I acted like I was familiar with General Gu." Su Zhier said, "General Gu is so smart, he must have some doubts."

Su Zhier took two steps and said, "But even if you suspect it, you can't find anything wrong, right?"

Gu Shangqing wondered why he couldn't find anything wrong?

When Su Guangcheng was the prefect of Chong'an, he went to secretly check on military affairs.

"You say." Gu Shangqing wanted to hear what Su Zhier had to say.

Su Zhier asked: "General Gu... do you believe in past lives and present lives?"

"Oh?" Gu Shangqing said, "I have never encountered such a mysterious thing, so I don't know whether to believe it or not."

Su Zhier was delighted, thinking that Gu Shangqing actually believed it, so she said, "General Gu, I have been having a dream before. The life in the dream seems to be real. It is my life."

"Before General Gu's family arrived in Chong'an, I had already known General Gu's family in my dream and knew the names of everyone in General Gu's family. Don't you think this is strange?"

"I thought it was very strange, so I asked someone to investigate, but I didn't expect these people really existed. I had never seen them before. I also dreamed that General Gu was injured, so I wanted to go to the place marked in the dream to find General Gu." Su Zhier said.

"I dreamed that I saved General Gu, and we had feelings for each other. But General Gu already had a wife at that time, so he didn't want to delay me. Later, you and I met again in Chong'an, and I learned that General Gu's wife... because she secretly had another man in her hometown... so she remarried later."

"Later, she was sold to a wealthy family by that man." Su Zhier said, "She also had an affair with the man of that family, and was discovered by the wife, who beat her to death with sticks."

"That wife is called Li Mumu." Su Zhier said.

"I also dreamed that not long after you came to Chong'an, you led the troops to fight again. You were ambushed by the enemy and trapped, so this battle should have lasted longer, and you would not have returned until two months later." Su Zhier hurriedly said, "But in the dream, although you were trapped, you still found a way to break out of the siege and still made great contributions."

"During the time when you were away from home, I stayed at Gu's house with your parents every day, so when you came back, you went to my house to propose marriage." Su Zhier said, "After we got married, we lived in harmony, with no third person between us, and we lived together till old age."

"That's why I asked you, did you encounter an ambush this time? Why did you come back so early?" Su Zhier asked hurriedly, "What happened this time?"

"Miss Su means that it's wrong for me to come back early?" Gu Shangqing said.

He didn't believe in predictive dreams at all.

None of what Su Zhier said was correct.

What about Li Mumu who cheated on her husband and remarried, was sold to a rich family, and was beaten to death with sticks.

When he heard this, Gu Shangqing was already extremely angry.

Let's talk about the ambush that happened later.

But in fact, he was not ambushed at all.

The other party wanted to ambush him, but he discovered them.