Chapter 241: This is a Trap

"In addition, I put two bottles of golden wound medicine for you." Li Mumu said, "This is the bottle. If you need it, remember to take it."

Gu Shangqing carefully memorized the appearance of the bottle and nodded.

Li Mumu put the luggage away for him and put it on the table, saying, "I know I shouldn't ask about military affairs. But after listening to what you said today, I always feel that it is not that simple."

"Is this trip very dangerous?" Li Mumu asked.

Seeing Gu Shangqing smiling, he looked like he was going to say something to comfort him.

Li Mumu said, "If you can't tell me, then don't tell me, but don't lie to me. Don't tell me that war is not dangerous, you know what I mean."

"Sure enough, I can't hide it from my wife." Gu Shangqing said, "I didn't say it before, just because I didn't want my parents and brothers and sisters-in-law to worry, but there is nothing to hide."

"According to the intelligence we received this time, something happened in the Turkic royal court. In the past half month, the royal court has been abnormally quiet. It seems that the old Khan has some problems with his health. His four sons are fighting fiercely, and the eldest and second sons can't sit still." Gu Shangqing said, "Therefore, we want to take advantage of their chaos and give them a fatal blow. At least it will make them breathless for a few years."

Li Mumu carefully recalled the content in the original book.

The original book did not mention what happened on the Turkic side in this battle.

But the original book mentioned that the old Khan fell down a few years later, lingering on the sickbed, and the second prince took charge of the affairs.

That at least shows that the old Khan is fine now.

Of course, we cannot rule out that the old Khan's health had already had problems, but he recovered a little and persisted for a few years before he was completely unable to function.

Li Mumu was not sure what was going on.

"Are you sure?" Li Mumu asked.

"Not sure." Gu Shangqing shook her head, "We also suspect that this is a misunderstanding by the Turks."

Li Mumu nodded.

At least Gu Shangqing and the others thought of this possibility, and she didn't need to remind them.

"We also sent spies over to investigate, but they didn't come back." Gu Shangqing's face was heavy, "Obviously they were caught and something went wrong. And the Wang Court is watching so closely, so something went wrong."

"But we can't send anyone over there anymore. The other side is already alert. If we send more people, they will just die in vain, and there will be no other benefit." Gu Shangqing said.

"General Li has discussed this with General Shang." Gu Shangqing said, "We will have a battle with the Turks in the near future. The ice and snow are melting, the weather is getting warmer, and life is getting better for the Turks. They have always been eyeing the Central Plains, and even if they can't take it, they will harass it frequently. Even if we don't take the initiative this time, they will still find a chance to provoke us."

"In this case, we might as well take the initiative." Gu Shangqing said, "Seize the initiative and make them unable to take care of other things for a while."

"Besides, it can also serve as a test." Gu Shangqing said, "If the old Khan is really in trouble, and we are attacking them from both inside and outside, it would be a good thing if we can really beat them so hard that they can't cope."