Chapter 215: Citywide Support

"Let's go." So everyone followed.

They also carefully protected Li Mumu in the middle to prevent anyone from bumping into her.

Following the soldiers, I saw them stop in front of the shed and arrest all the people who were receiving meals in front of the shed.

Those people were startled, "What are you doing?"

"We didn't do anything! Why are you arresting us?"

"Take them all away!"

"Miss Su! Miss Su, save us!"

Su Zhier was stunned for a moment. She knew she shouldn't speak at this time.

However, he has already established an image of compassion in the hearts of the people, and it would be inappropriate if he did not show up at this time.

Moreover, we are also afraid that those who are arrested may say something they shouldn't say due to nervousness.

Su Zhier had no choice but to stand up and asked softly, "Excuse me, what did they do wrong?"

"Their identities are unknown. We need to take them back and verify their identities one by one." said the officer.

"How come their identities are unknown?" Some confused people asked, "Aren't they wounded soldiers?"

The officer sneered, grabbed one of the soldiers' hands, and said, "If he is a wounded soldier, why doesn't he have calluses on his hands?"

"Who among you soldiers doesn't have a thick layer of calluses on your hands?" the soldier asked, "Take them all back!"

Su Zhier was startled. She didn't expect that she had overlooked such a detail.

"Girl." Li Lai quietly came to Su Zhier and called in a low voice.

"What are you going to do?" Su Zhier said in a low voice, "Can't you even think of this?"

Li Lai was overwhelmed. "Girl, it's really hard to find one. It's already difficult to find someone with a disability, and you have to find someone of the right age. Even if ordinary people have calluses on their hands, who can have the thick calluses like a soldier who has been holding a weapon for many years? I've been trying hard to find one."

"Let's talk about this later." Su Zhi'er didn't have time to talk about this now, and hurriedly found a servant and said, "Go back quickly and tell father about what's going on here. Let him make arrangements early and don't let those people tell the truth."

"Yes." The servants of the Su family hurried to the Su Mansion.

The officers and soldiers took their men away, and the person Li had found to lead the charge saw that the situation was not right and left quickly.

The rest of the people who had just been led by the rhythm and were surrounding the errand shop looked at each other in confusion.

"So, Madam Gu did a great thing."

"Of course!" Da Jiang said loudly, "Who doesn't know that it's more efficient and faster to find someone with healthy limbs to do the work? If Madam Gu really wants to make money, she can just find someone with healthy limbs to do the work instead of hiring disabled people like us!"

"She opened this errand shop to relieve the worries of the army and to give us a place to live and work. As long as the errand shop is done well, we can open more shops in the future and open them in various places in Daxi. Then the wounded soldiers returning home from all over the country will have jobs to do and can support themselves!"