Chapter 257: Like a Fool

The two arrived at the Sutra Viewing Tower. The Crown Prince took the Third Prince straight up to the sixth floor and asked the others to wait on the fifth floor.

  "Everyone is downstairs. The Sutra Tower is high, and there is only this much space on each floor. You don't have to worry about the walls having ears." The prince said, "If you have anything important to say, it's safest to talk about it here."

  The Third Prince then told the Crown Prince what he had heard from Su Guangcheng and Su Zhier.

  "I... I am afraid that my eldest brother will really fight with you in the future. What if... What if he really wants to do something bad to you, so I let you..." The third prince hesitated.

  "What did the emperor say?" the prince asked. "Did he believe it?"

  "Father didn't say it, but he is a cautious person and has always been prepared." The third prince said, "Even if he says he doesn't believe it, I'm afraid he would rather believe it."

  The prince took two slow steps back and forth.

  In this respect, he is very similar to a saint.

  He didn't believe these things, but if someone really said them, he would rather believe it.

  The boss won't backstab him.

  If I could, I would have done it a long time ago and wouldn't have waited until now.

  What the prince is worried about now is that if what Su Guangcheng and Su Zhier said is true, something might happen in the future that would cause him to be deposed and the eldest prince to be demoted.

  The person who seems to benefit from this is the third prince.

  But if the Third Prince really had this intention, he would not have come close to him and said these words to him.

  Or......

  Did the Third Prince say these things deliberately to sow discord between him and the First Prince?

  But the prince quickly rejected this idea.

  In the Third Prince's opinion, he and the First Prince were already fighting fiercely at this point, and there was no need to instigate.

  The prince opened the door and shouted downstairs: "Zheng Jing!"

  Zheng Jing came up the stairs with a thump, stood at the door, bowed and said, "Your Highness."

  "The eldest prince will be here soon, ask him to come over too," said the prince.

  "Yes." Zheng Jing took the order and left.

  The Third Prince was surprised and asked, "Brother, you asked the eldest brother to come. Are you going to tell him about this?"

  "The relationship between your eldest brother and I is not what the outside world thinks." The prince explained with a smile, "When he comes, I will tell you about it."

  The third prince was filled with question marks over the crown prince's actions.

  Less than half a cup of tea later, the eldest prince arrived.

  As soon as the eldest prince entered the room, he saw the third prince

  Zai was stunned for a moment, then laughed and said, "Hey, what's going on? Why is my third brother here too? Isn't he avoiding me?"

  The third prince was so embarrassed by the eldest prince's words that he was too embarrassed to look at him.

  "Brother..." the Third Prince said hesitantly, "You know I..."