Chapter 245: Fifth Rank

Li Mumu thought, it should happen tonight.

But when it really came to this, she still became nervous.

After a while, she finished cleaning up and called Gu Shangqing in, then she went to bed first.

Gu Shangqing cleaned up quickly and heard the sound of water, followed by a rustling sound.

Then, Gu Shangqing walked around the screen and came back.

Seeing that Li Mumu was lying properly, Gu Shangqing also carefully lay down beside her.

There was still an arm's length between the two of them, and Gu Shangqing did not get close.

Li Mumu blinked, feeling very nervous, and actually wanted him to kill her quickly.

After a long while, Li Mumu felt her fingers being touched lightly, and then separated.

Although it happened quickly, Li Mumu still felt it.

Li Mumu blinked, her breathing becoming tense and tight.

But immediately afterwards, Gu Shangqing did not take the next step.

"Husband?" Li Mumu couldn't help but call out.

"Madam." Gu Shangqing asked nervously, "Before I set out, Madam said she accepted me, and I..."

"If Madam is not ready now, there is no need to be nervous." Gu Shangqing said.

"I'm ready." Li Mumu closed her eyes and said, "I... there were some things I couldn't figure out before, but now I have figured them out."

Gu Shangqing turned to look at Li Mumu, "Madam, do you trust me?"

Li Mumu nodded.

Gu Shangqing was delighted and couldn't suppress his smile.

He plucked up his courage, held Li Mumu's hand, then slowly turned sideways and kissed Li Mumu on the forehead.

The soft kiss fell on her brow, the tip of her nose, and finally, tremblingly, fell on Li Mumu's lips.

Li Mumu had never thought that a person's lips could be so soft.

Finally I found out that not everything written in it was false.

She was clearly the one who wasn't moving, but in the end her legs were shaking violently.

Early in the morning of the third day, Gu Shangqing set out for the military camp.

In the afternoon, Li Zhiyin sent a servant from his mansion to report the news to Gu's residence.

"Hello, old man, hello, old lady, hello to all the masters and ladies." The servant greeted them one by one before saying, "My daughter sent me here to congratulate you all."

"What kind of good news is this?" asked Gu's mother in confusion.

He bowed again and said, "General Gu was promoted to the fifth rank Ningyuan General because of his great achievements, capturing the Turkic general alive, and obtaining important intelligence."

Everyone looked at each other in surprise. The servant said, "My lady sent me here after hearing about it. As for the details, I am not sure. Maybe we can ask General Gu in detail when he comes back. What the lady meant is that if you know in advance, you will have time to prepare and celebrate for General Gu."

"Yes, yes." Mother Gu nodded repeatedly, "Thank you very much."

Gu's mother now understood the rules among these famous and wealthy families, and gave the servant some money as a reward before letting him leave happily.