Chapter 170: Chest Pain

After a while, "This is called rare when the surface is cooked through. The middle of the meat is still blood red, and the color becomes more and more brown from the inside out. The beef at this level of doneness is tender and juicy, with a combination of raw and cooked layers."

As the roasting time increased, Li Mumu said, "At this point, it is medium rare. The center of the meat is blood red, gradually transitioning to brick red and pink, and then to gray-brown on the outermost edge. The texture is soft, moist and silky."

"Does anyone of you want to try it?" Li Mumu asked with a smile.

Everyone looked at the bloody meat in the middle and were still a little hesitant.

"This...how is this like eating raw meat and drinking blood?" Guo Liyan shrank her neck.

"In fact, beef can be eaten raw." Li Mumu said, "As long as the beef is fresh enough and properly processed, the taste of raw beef is amazing. It is so tender that you can't even detect the slightest texture."

"Have you ever eaten it?" Zhang Qihui asked curiously, blinking her big eyes.

"Yeah." Li Mumu nodded, "I've eaten it before, but it still needs some seasoning. It's very delicious."

"Then...then I'll come back to you if I dare to eat it one day." Zhang Qihui said.

"Okay." Li Mumu nodded with a smile.

"This half-cooked one... let me try it!" Madam Shang gritted her teeth and looked like she was ready to sacrifice herself heroically.

Li Mumu quickly picked up a piece for Madam Shang before it was overcooked, "Try it, it's really delicious."

"Dip it in our Gujia Snacks' exclusive sauce." said Li Mumu.

Mrs. Shang picked up the beef, dipped it in the sauce, closed her eyes with a serious face, and quickly ate it in one bite.

After taking two bites, Mrs. Shang was suddenly stunned, opened her eyes, and her eyes were full of surprise.

"How come it's so tender!" Madam Shang exclaimed in surprise, "It doesn't taste like raw meat at all, it's so tender and smooth, not dry at all."

"Really?" Zhang Qihui and Guo Liyan were extremely curious.

"Really? You guys should try it too!" Mrs. Shang urged. She had tasted the delicious food and wanted to share it with others as much as possible.

"Not anymore." Li Mumu put a few more pieces of meat in, "Roast these until they are 30% done, you guys try them."

"These are now 50% cooked." Li Mumu

Pick up the cooked meat, "the center of the meat is pink, gradually transitioning to brown on the outside, the taste is not as tender as medium-rare, and it tastes a bit heavier."

"Let me try." Li Zhiyin picked up the small plate in front of him.

Li Mumu put the meat on the plate.

Min Huilan at the side also said: "I'll try it too."

Li Mumu also picked up a piece for Min Huilan.

"The ones left now are 70% done. The main part is gray-brown, with a little bit of pink in the middle. They will be harder to chew than before, and require more effort to chew."

"Well, let me try." When the beef was cooked to 70% done, Zhang Qihui actually felt a little disgusted and caught it with a plate.

After roasting it for a while, Li Mumu said, "This one is fully cooked, the kind we eat every day."

Only Guo Liyan didn't get to eat the beef, so Li Mumu gave it to her.

The pieces of beef that were just put in were also cooked to medium rare.

"Who among you wants to try these rare pieces of beef?"

"I want!"

"I want!"

Zhang Qihui and Guo Liyan said in a rush.

"Let me try it too." Li Zhiyin was also very interested.

"Let me try it too." said Min Huilan.

So Li Mumu picked up a piece of medium-rare beef for each of them.

"I didn't eat it half-well just now, so I'll try it this time." Mrs. Shang said.

So, Li Mumu roasted the beef to medium-rare and gave a piece to Mrs. Shang.

I added a few more pieces of beef, intending to have it medium-rare.

"Ah, how come this medium-rare beef is so delicious?" Zhang Qihui said in disbelief.

"If you get tired of eating, you can roast some vegetables and blanch them in the pot." Li Mumu said.

"Thinly cut meat and fish can be put in the pot for hot pot. Of course, it is not limited to one form. It is also fine to put it on the baking tray. It all depends on personal preference."

"That way, there are too many ways to eat it." Guo Liyan said, "I can't even eat them all."

"If you can't finish it this time, you can come back next time." Li Mumu smiled.

She said, "Anyway, this place only caters to female guests, and there are private rooms, which are very comfortable."

"Can you please tell us what the special features of this hot pot are?" Guo Liyan asked again.

"Just like I said just now, if you like the vegetables to be tender, just blanch them for a shorter time. If you like the vegetables to be crispy, just blanch them for a shorter time as well." Li Mumu said.

"However, even for beef, it is better to blanch the pink color away. As for chicken, pork, fish and other kinds of meat, they must be cooked until fully cooked." Li Mumu reminded.

"These are beef from different parts of the cow." Li Mumu said, "This is the diaolong, which is a long strip of meat from the cow's back. This is the diaolbang, which is taken from the two sides of the sirloin. It has a little fat, is tender and smooth when eaten, and has some chewiness when chewed carefully."

"This is the upper brain heart, the most essential part of the upper brain, and only accounts for a very small part. The entire upper brain weighs about seven or eight kilograms, and the upper brain heart weighs about one kilogram."

"This is the shoulder blade, which is located below the neck and close to the ribs. There are many small tendons in the meat, and the fat content is higher than that of the neck, so it has a richer taste."

"This dish is shank, the meat is tender and slightly chewy."

"The most special part is the chest patch." Li Mumu said.

"Chest fat? Isn't this fat?" Guo Liyan said, "It looks the same as the fat you just wiped off the grill pan."

Li Mumu shook her head and said, "Chest fat looks like a piece of fat, but it is actually a piece of meat between fat, tendons, and cartilage that protects the heart. The amount is very small, so it is also a relatively precious part. It can be shabu-shabu or grilled. It tastes crispy, a bit similar to tendons and cartilage, but not exactly the same. It is very special."

"This..." Min Huilan was surprised, "Beef can be made in so many different ways."

"Every part of the cow has a different taste." Li Mumu said, "Each has its own way of eating, which is very interesting."

"Most of what we served today was beef," Li Mumu said, "Next time we have a chance, we'll try other meats."

"I must try it. There are so many ways to eat beef alone, not to mention other things." Zhang Qihui said, "I have long wanted to try how delicious shabu-shabu is."

Zhang Qihui picked up a piece of breast milk and said, "Let me try this. This is my first time eating this."