Chapter 153: Imitation

"I'm just reminding you that if Miss Li takes the initiative to open a store like me, you don't have to be cautious about cooperating because of her status." Madam Shang said, "If Miss Li participates, it will be a hundred benefits for you. In the future, restaurants like ours that are specially opened for women may be opened all over the country of Daxi."

"To be honest, my dream when I first started the food business was to open stores all over Daxi." Li Mumu said with a smile.

"Hahaha, great!" Madam Shang laughed heartily. "Apart from anything else, at least as long as our shop that only serves women can be opened, it will surely spread all over Daxi."

Li Mumu and Gu Shangqing returned to Gu's house and asked Gu Shangqing to write a visiting card.

Li Mumu's handwriting is much more beautiful now, but it is only compared to when she first came here.

The characters written at that time were crooked and the radicals were separated.

At least it's neat now.

After writing it, Li Mumu asked Gu Mian to send it to the General's Mansion.

Unexpectedly, that afternoon, Li Zhiyin sent someone to deliver a reply.

So the next day, Li Mumu took Gu Mian and two jars of fruit wine to the General's Mansion to meet Li Zhiyin.

"I've heard that the fruit wine in your store is amazing, and I was wondering when you would be willing to give me some." Li Zhiyin said with a smile, "But I can't take the initiative to ask you."

Li Mumu begged for mercy, "It's my fault. I was too cautious."

"You showed me your kindness and sincerity that day, but I was still worried that if I came to your house rashly, you would think I was trying to curry favor with you. But I also sincerely hoped to become friends with Miss Li, so I was conflicted and put it off until now. I finally took the opportunity of paying New Year's greetings to come to your house."

"I'm always afraid that the gifts I give as farewell gifts are not appropriate. These two jars of fruit wine are also sold in my restaurant, but they are sold in small bottles." Li Mumu said, "These two jars are brewed by ourselves and drunk by ourselves."

"You just think too much." Li Zhiyin also understood Li Mumu's concerns.

After all, there is a huge gap between the status of the Gu family and the General's Mansion.

Even though Li Zhiyin didn't care, it would take great determination for Li Mumu to break such a gap.

"I understand you." Li Zhiyin said, "If someone is just trying to get close to me, he or she would not have such concerns. The more cautious and concerned you are, the more you really want to be friends with me. I am so happy."

"But now that we have spoken out today, you can no longer have such concerns. Whether I go to the Gu family to find you, or you come to the general's mansion to find me, we can do whatever we want. There is no need to worry so much."

Li Mumu smiled and said, "But I'm still talking about you. A while ago, I was worried that you were busy with the restaurant and didn't have time, so I didn't dare to go to Gu's house to look for you."

"Since you are here today, why don't you stay here for lunch? Let's have a few glasses of fruit wine."

Li Mumu readily agreed.

General Li really loves Li Zhiyin.

Li Zhiyin also has her own small kitchen in her yard, which is staffed by a cook.

This also prevents the food from being half cold when it is delivered from the big kitchen.

And you can also eat it according to Li Zhiyin's favorite taste.

The taste in Chong'an is heavier, and Li Zhiyin has been with Li Huailin at the border for many years, so he also has a strong taste.

She asked Li Mumu about her preferences and found that Li Mumu had similar preferences to her.

When lunch was served, Cui Liu poured a glass of plum wine for both of them.

"Then I won't be polite." Li Zhiyin said, and then took a sip. He found it sour and sweet, and very delicious. He couldn't help but drink up the rest of the wine in the glass with a smile on his face.

Li Mumu didn't expect Li Zhiyin to be so generous, so she reminded him, "Drink slowly. Although the fruit wine tastes sour and sweet, it's not spicy. But it's wine after all, and it's no less strong than the wine that men drink."

"I know." Li Zhiyin said with a smile, "To be honest, I followed my grandfather to the border, where there are no restrictions or rules. I also have some drinking habits, so my alcohol tolerance is not bad."

"But this wine is really delicious. No wonder I heard that many customers who go to your store specially buy fruit wine to bring back for the women in their families." Li Zhiyin said with a smile.

Then, Li Zhiyin sighed with some regret, "It's just that there are so many restrictions on women in this world. They can't just drink and eat in the restaurant like men. It's really annoying."

Li Mumu thought that what Madam Shang said was indeed correct, and Li Zhiyin also had the same idea.

Most women from military families are free and easy. Unlike ordinary women in the boudoir, they do not restrict themselves and have more free and easy ideas.

"Have you ever thought about opening a store that only caters to female customers?" Li Zhiyin said, "To be honest, I've been paying attention to Gu's snacks for a while. I just want to know how your business is going and when you're not busy, so I can come find you."

"I heard that your business is booming, and the dishes here are not available in ordinary restaurants and hotels." Li Zhiyin said with a smile, "I heard that even Huizhenlou is secretly preparing to study some of your dishes and prepare to launch them themselves."

Li Mumu was surprised. "I really didn't know that. Huizhenlou is a big restaurant. I'm really grateful that they think highly of us."

"Aren't you worried?" Li Zhiyin asked with interest when she saw that Li Mumu was surprised but not panicked at all.

"Huizhenlou and Gujia Snacks have different scales and positioning. Although I plan to open a large-scale high-end restaurant in the future, I will not give up the market of ordinary people." Li Mumu said, "When I first started making food, I wanted most people to be able to eat meat."

"Back when we were in Anping Town, the people there made little money, and they couldn't even eat much meat during the Chinese New Year, let alone on ordinary days. So in the beginning, Gu's snacks started out by selling braised offal."

Even though Li Zhiyin had been with Li Huailin at the border for many years, she was the general's granddaughter after all. The environment at the border was just a little bit harsh, but her food and drink were not affected.

Li Zhiyin had never even seen pig offal, let alone eating it.

"Is it still edible after going into the water?" Li Zhiyin asked curiously.

"Yes. People don't eat offal because they think it's dirty, especially the intestines. Whether it's chicken, duck, or pig, they are full of digestive products and smell very bad." Li Mumu said, "But as long as you clean it carefully and add my special marinade, the marinade will taste very fragrant and not smelly at all. It's also clean inside without any dirt."

"Because the cost is low, it is naturally sold at a low price. Even ordinary people in Anping Town can buy it from time to time. The taste is no worse than pure meat." Li Mumu said.