Namjin

A Rap Mon x Jin story...

Namjoon walked out of his bedroom with a untidy hairdo, and his shirt half tucked in. It was rare that Namjoon woke up so late in the morning, and the reason behind it is most probably being him burning midnight oil last night. 

As usual, Jin was at the kitchen, scooping out rice for his just wake up dongsaeng. Namjoon looked left and right to find the dorm exceptionally quiet, indicating that the maknae line is either still asleep or is already out. 

Namjoon made his way to the dining table and sat down, with a bowl of rice already in front of him. 

"Hyung, where are the others?"

"The three maknaes went out to cycle; while Hoseok and Yoongi went to the company. We did not want to wake you up as Yoongi told us you were working on a song until 5 am in the morning."

"Ahhh so we're the only one at home?"

"Ne." 

On the table were dishes specially made by Jin and all were heated up again just for Namjoon. "Eat faster before it becomes cold again," Mama Jin instructed. 

As told, Namjoon gorged down the food that was in front of them, clearing every dish perfectly. Meanwhile, Jin was sitting opposite him, staring at his dongsaeng as he suck all the food like a vacuum cleaner. 

"Swallow first before eating again...you will choke on it sooner or later..."

"But it's very nice hyung." 

Jin displayed a satisfied smile as he looked at the clock. It's 12pm in the afternoon. Everything is going as planned and I knew what's the next thing to do. Quietly, he went back to his bedroom and took a quick shower. 

After drinking the last drop of the kimchi soup, Namjoon looked up to see Jin missing. "Hyung!!" he shouted across the house. 

"Ne?" a reply came few seconds later while Jin coming out of the bathroom with a towel on his head. 

"Hyung, can you help me get one more bowl of the soup?"

"It's in the pot there, can you get it yourself? I need to dress up."

"Dress up? Wae? Are you going somewhere? Can you bring me along?"

"Errrr not very convenient Namjoon."

It was the first time Jin is going out without giving much details on his plan. And the fact that Jin couldn't bring Namjoon along made him even more suspicious. 

Out of curiosity, Namjoon went into his hyung's room. Jin was wearing a relatively formal outfit, even tying a necktie for the matter, that makes him even weirder. 

"Are you gonna meet someone hyung?"

"Ne."

"Someone important I guess."

"Ne."

"Mind telling me?"

"Ermm promise me you wouldn't get angry."

"Okay...I promise."

"So, this is what happened. My umma called me few days ago and told me that she had arranged a blind date for me. She said that I'm not getting any younger and I should be getting a girlfriend soon. She claimed that this girl I'm meeting is the perfect choice for me and I ought to go."

"But...I thought you don't like girls?"

"True, but...I'm not very sure too. Maybe meeting her would change my mind and I'll probably gain my interest in girls again?"