Jihope (I)

A Jimin x J-hope story...

After biding his hyungs goodbye, Jimin dragged himself to his classroom. The second after the first bell rang, a unfamiliar figure walked into the classroom. Despite sitting at the back of the class, Jimin could see him clearly. He was wearing a hoodie, together with a dark coloured jeans, something too casual for a teacher. Everybody in the class instantly became silent as they witnessed how this unknown man placed his things on the teacher desk before writing on the board "Mr Jung Hoseok". 

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Jung Hoseok," he smiled before bowing 90 degree down, "you guys can call me Mr Jung. I'm your relief teacher for this month as your regular teacher, Mr Son, has some family matters to attend to."

Everyone started to engage in their small conversation upon hearing this shocking news. Mr Son, who is known to be the fiercest teacher on Earth, is not gonna teach them for a month, that calls for a celebration. 

Mr Jung hit the board twice and the class turned their attention back to him. 

"I know this isn't a nice way to start the day; nor the best thing to do during our first meeting, but Mr Son had specially tasked me to conduct a surprise test today."

A shocking news for the second time in a day. Students went into their small discussion groups again. Mr Jung continued, "it is a one hour test which consist of 10 maths questions. It is a relatively simple test but I got to warn you guys, those who scored badly would have to meet me after school for special tutoring."

The clock showed 8.30 am when the students were allowed to start the test. 

After ensuring that everything is going according to plan, Hoseok sat in front of the teacher desk and finally started breathing. He deeply hoped that the students would not see his nervousness and was once again assured that this class is an obedient one thanks to the absolute silence in the room. 

Hoseok looked at his planner for the nth times and reminded himself repeatedly to say "time's up" at 9.30 sharp. While scanning through the class, he spotted a black hair guy. His unusual actions were the one which captured his attention. He flipped through the class attendance file to search for his name - Park Jimin. 

Unlike the others who were writing non-stop on their paper, Jimin was leaning on his chair, spinning his pen coolly. Instead of focusing on the test, Jimin was actually staring out of the window. And that side view of his, that perfect jawline, made Hoseok swallowed his saliva unknowingly. 

They made eye contact. Jimin widened his eyes when he realised that his relief teacher was actually staring at him for quite sometime. Instead of being embarrassed, Jimin let out a smirk. He raised his eyebrows slightly and tilted his head, before using his eyes to ask 'wae yo?'

Hoseok was electrified by that stare. "Stop it," he reminded himself but did nothing to his eyes. Their eyes were like magnets, attracted to each other, unbreakable. That seductive lip biting by Jimin made Hoseok inhaled a deep breath and secretly clenched his fist under the table.

Hoseok tried to look away, but after a milli-second, his eyes unknowingly went back to that attractive student. He knew what he's doing right now is completely wrong but....YOLO was his motto for the day. 

Finally, the 9.30 bell rang, which saved Hoseok from the constantly staring, blinking, turning away and back to staring motion. The students took turns to hand their paper up to him and when it was Jimin's turn, Hoseok literally stopped breathing. Jimin wasn't very tall, but he had nice proportion. And when he placed his test paper in front of Hoseok, he whispered, "stop distracting me, Mr Jung."