Jikook (II)

(continued)

It has been two and a half month since they debut. Going to music shows to perform and going back to practice was still their daily routine. They were gradually gaining popularity, as seen from the increased number of fans appearing at each performance.

After completing their last schedule for the day, the seven of them exited the building while waving goodbye to their fans. Jungkook made sure that he was the last to appear, cautiously reminding himself that this is what the least popular member should do.

Ever since the day when he read those mean comments, Jungkook had been rather down. No one dared to mention about that incident ever since, probably hoping that things would slowly fade, but sadly, it didn't.

The fact that fans criticized him for his bad Korean and his 'extra' image from the group had been in his heart since forever. His hyungs had occasionally sent indirect hints about forgiving and forgetting but dear maknae just prefer to think on the negative side.

Yes, he did brush up on his Korean...but the fans don't know...or probably didn't bother to notice. He stayed up every night to practice Koreans although studying is something he sucks at. Every time on stage, he stopped himself from making eye contact with the fans down there.

The originally confident Jungkook disappeared, and now, this 16-year-old became so timid and did not feel good about himself at all. "Probably, I'm really the extra one here...maybe...I shouldn't have joined the group in the first place..." he often thought to himself.

As day goes by, Jungkook began to lower his head whenever he goes out, he will always cover his face with his hair or a mask, and sometimes only showing his pair of eyes. And even today, he was dressed in all black, waving goodbye to his fans out of courtesy and was the first one to hop into the bus.

His hyungs noticed that sudden change in him too, and was worried. The maknae who has the least experience in life, as a trainee, as a minor, he doesn't know how to cope with such massive amount of hate. And today, Namjoon decide to do something.

After making sure that Jungkook had fallen asleep at a corner with his headphones on, the leader got the attention of his other members and gathered them to the other corner.

Jin: Wae yo?

RM: Anyone remember what date is today?

SG: Hmmm...it's 1 September...so?

RM: Nothing comes to mind?

Others: *shaking their heads*

JM: It's Kookie's birthday!

Others: Jinja?!?

JM: Ne...aish...I actually forgot!

RM: Me too, but luckily it's not too late.

Jin: Are you having some plans in your mind, Namjoon?

RM: Ne. Don't you think uri Kookie...isn't quite happy these days?

SG: I assume that your 'these days' is referring to the period ever since he saw those comments.

RM: Ne, ever since then, he hadn't been very cheerful, and I'm pretty sure it's not because of his poor Korean.

V: Kookie's Korean had improved tremendously now!

JH: All of us know, but that can't change the fact that some of the fans still dislike him, for whatever reasons.

JM: I say we should give him a surprise birthday party...to cheer him up.

SG: I agree, a 16 year-old kid shouldn't be frowning all the time, he hardly even laugh or smile.