Jikook (I)

A Jungkook x Jimin story...

"Bang- TAN! 안녕하세요! 우리 방탄소년단 입니다! (We are BTS!)" the seven enthusiastic boys shouted as they greet all the staff members. It has been one week since they debut and performing at Inkigayo was their last scheduled debut stage. 

Everyone put in doubled the effort as they got into position. 'No more dream' began to play in the background as the crowd started to cheer. As always, BTS performed their debut song flawlessly - Jungkook and Jimin went to the back before presenting a shocking stunt few seconds after. The maknae carried his Jimin and they made their way across the members, Jimin 'kicking' all of them down before going for his high note. Everything were perfect that day. 

Getting down the stage, Jimin immediately spotted his favourite dongsaeng, who appeared to be alone. The other members were chatting on how nervous they was on stage, while poor Jungkook did not seem to be able to join in the conversation. They have been together for three years, while Jungkook just joined the team for three months. 

Flashback - three months ago

"Namjoon hyung, take a step to your right."

"Taehyung, you should lift your hands slightly higher."

"And for Suga hyung...you...you are doing fine, just have some more energy," Jimin tried to put in the nicest way possible to not anger his don't-give-a-shit hyung.

Jimin was in charge of teaching the members the dance routine for today, and he was determined to show the others that he, too, is a valuable member in Bangtan and should debut.

At this moment, the studio door opened, followed by Bang PD nim walking in with a serious expression. All the trainees immediately form a straight line, with Namjoon signalling them to greet their CEO at one go.

"Nice," Bang PD nim smiled, "seems like you guys are working hard."

"Ne PD nim," Namjoon, who's most likely to be the leader of BTS, replied, "we have been practicing diligently."

"Great! Don't worry, I'm not here to spot check or anything, I'm here to introduce someone to all of you."

Naturally, everyone's eyes widened as they exchange glances. PD nim would never 'introduce someone' for no reason, and when he does, a new trainee will be walking in. And he really did.

Entering the room was a pretty tall guy, who had half of his face covered by his fringe. He kept his head down as he overlapped his hands in front of him. With the cue of Bang PD nim, the new guy bowed and greeted, "Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Jeon Jungkook."

The other six trainees looked at each other again, each with a confused look. With just that short sentence, all of them can sense that this new guy here wasn't proficient in Korean. His voice was sweet, but has an English accent in it, which makes them even more curious about his identity.

"So," PD nim continued, "He's our new trainee, and the seventh member of Bangtan. He recently came back from the states and is not very fluent in Korean. I hope that you guys will get along and practice for your debut together which is happening pretty soon."

-End of flashback-

Jimin knew that Jungkook would have difficulty adapting to their group, especially when the maknae has such a shy personality, is the youngest among them...and his biggest obstacle - unable to speak Korean. And being the only two from Busan, Jimin reminded himself constantly to look after this only dongsaeng of his...Jungkook had somewhat earned a special place in his heart ever since the first day...