Yoonjin (IV)

(continued)

As expected, after two hours since their arrival, Namjoon was already half-drunk, flirting with girls at a table. As much as Jin wanted to head home, he knew his friend there would get himself into trouble if there isn't someone to take care of him.

The toilet was full of vomiting smell and Namjoon was the culprit. He knew he could not hold his liquor, but still forcefully gulp down god knows how many bottles of alcohol.

"I'll wait for you outside," Jin said with a disgusted face after throwing rolls of tissue papers beside him.

Walking out of the toilet, he bumped onto someone, who just came from the other direction. It was Yoongi, again. They were sure fated to meet although every encounter would they tell themselves that would be their last time seeing each other.

The "Mianhe" Jin planned to say had long disappeared along with the silence. Soomin wasn't there, which made him feel better. Yoongi still had this troubled expression, it has been there seen the entire night.

"I'm sorry," Yoongi uttered.

"It's...my fault too."

"I mean, I'm sorry, for breaking your heart."

"Aniyo. I should thank you, for telling me the truth, that you're engaged. At least, I would know you have found your true love."

"You should find your true love too."

"I don't think I would ever find it again. There's only one person who can bring me happiness, and he's already taken."

"You deserve someone even better, Jin. Someone that can make you happy, and make sure he would never break your heart again, unlike me..."

"Ani, I guess I would never love someone as much as I love you. But don't worry, I don't wish to break up your marriage. As long as you're happy, I will be too. As long as you're living blissfully, I will be too."

"You don't look happy now though..." Yoongi sighed, holding back the emotions that were overwhelming him.

At this moment, both of their partners appeared from opposite side – with Namjoon coming out from the toilet looking a little bit more presentable now, and Soomin standing few metres away in front of a posh car.

"Seokjin ssi," Soomin shouted across, "we can give you a ride home if you don't mind."

Jin immediately replied back, "gwenchana, I have plans later."

He then took a step closer to Yoongi, and whispered in his ears,

"As much as I want to tell you that actually inside, my heart is tearing apart; as much as I want to tell you not to break up with me; as much as I want to tell you I really want to be selfish this time and hold you back, I know, it's too late, I just want to say, I love you, forever and always."

After that confession, Jin took a deep breath before turning his back around, but was held back by Yoongi. Holding the elder one by his wrist, Suga confessed, 

"I cried too, when you ran away from my office that day. I cried too, when I had to force myself to leave the house. I cried too, when I know we can't be together. I love you too, and it never changed. But, I guess fate doesn't want us to be together. You will always be in my heart."

At that moment, they could feel their hearts connected, but their body just had to part ways. Jin went with Namjoon to take the public bus home; while Yoongi got into the car with Soomin and headed back to their apartment.

The way back home was torturous for both of the main characters. Namjoon was talking about how he managed to attract females of all ages to have a drink with him, showing off how many phone numbers he had gotten within few hours, but all that, did not enter Jin's ears at all. Jin was occupying himself with the words Yoongi said just now.

"Why people who are in love can't be together? Why do happy endings only happen in fairy tales and not in real life? Why do people fall in love in the first place when they know they would not be together in the very end? Why must love be so tiring? Why must he love him that much it hurts down to the bone?"

Questions continuously appeared in Jin's mind. He started questioning about life and everything seemed clearer to him now. He doesn't want to live in pain anymore. He wants to love someone courageously. Nobody is gonna stop him from loving Yoongi, nobody is gonna stop him from being together with Yoongi.

He came to a sudden stop and held back Namjoon. "I need to go back."

"Wae?"

Before hearing an answer from his hyung, all Namjoon could see was a backview decreasing in size as Jin ran back to the hotel in full speed.

Meanwhile, in the car, it was silence. Seating at the back of the car was Yoongi and Soomin. He was physically there, yet not mentally there, she could feel it. She initiated to hold his hand, but was rejected coldly. He simply stared outside the window, sighing unknowingly. It was drizzling, and the raindrops of the window brought back lots of memories.

Why didn't he held back Jin just now? Why did he confess his feelings to him yet don't have the courage to be together with him?

"I love you Yoongi, forever and always." He recalled JIn's heartbroken face, that expression that was all because of him, he's the only one in the world that can hurt him so badly, and he doesn't wants to do it anymore.

"Ahjussi," Yoongi sounded out all of a sudden, "please stop the car."

"Wae yo?" Soomin asked in shock.

"I left something behind," Yoongi explained and immediately hopped off the car after it came to a stop.

The raindrops did not stop him from heading back to the hotel. The closer he reaches the hotel, the greater his desire grow, to win back Jin.

Both of them ran back to the hotel without much thinking, neither of them expect the other party to be doing the same thing, all they want to do is to run back to the hotel, in hope to turn back time, when they were confessed their feelings to each other. If they could turn back time, they would not walk away in separate direction. They would have believe that their love could overcome any obstacles and not just surrender to "destiny".

A distance away did they spotted each other. They slowed down their pace, approaching each other with carefully footsteps, with mixed feelings.

"Why are you back here?" Yoongi asked nervously.

"Then why are you here too?"

"I...I left something here."

"What is it?"

"My true love."

Immediately after, Yoongi took a step forward before placing his hand at the back of Jin's neck. Guiding the elder one closer, their lips touched and it never part. It was a short and long-awaited kiss, but it felt good.

There was still some raindrops, but that made the atmosphere even better.

Yoongi continued, "I can't live without you Jin, I tried but I can't."

"Neither can I. Don't ever leave me again Yoongi."

"I promise I won't, because I know you're the only one who can make me happy, and nothing else matters anymore."

Showing Jin his fingers, Yoongi plucked out the marriage ring that was on his ring finger, and said, "That doesn't belong there at all. And you should be the one putting a ring for me, seokjin ssi."

And together, they interlocked their fingers and headed back to Yoongi's old apartment, the apartment where they created their memories and will together create their future.