Namjin (II)

(continued)

Day 2 in the hospital for Namjoon went over with a blink of an eye. For the entire day, he was occupied with scannings and check-ups from head to toe, telling each doctor he sees "I'm fine" or "I don't think there's anything wrong with my body.

The day went quick for Jin too, as he was busy running to and fro between hospital wards and A&E departments. The day finally came to an end and Jin's shift for the day had officially ended. Another colleague of his was taking the night shift and all was left for him was to get home, take a hot shower, and replenish that two days of sleep.

However, after changing back into his home clothes, as he was walking to the lift area, he passed by the VIP room, aka Namjoon's ward. He took a peek through the small window to find the bed empty. Out of curiosity, he stepped in and indeed, Namjoon was nowhere to be found.

Instead of worrying about the absence of Namjoon, the night view outside the view caught Jin's attention, for which he went up to admire the bird eye view of the city. It was breathtaking.

At this moment, Jin felt something on his waist, followed by a weight on his shoulder. His body naturally recoiled but the person behind him quickly tighten his grip. Through the reflection on the window, he could see Namjoon resting his chin on his shoulders.

Jin was actually relieved, seeing that it was Namjoon, and not somebody else. But after one more second of thought, he realised how weird they would look in this position.

As if Namjoon could hear the elder's thoughts, he whispered in Jin's ears, "don't move."

"Wae? What if someone comes in?"

"You forgot? I clearly instruct the hospital to allow only you to enter."

"Fine. But why...why are you doing this to me?"

"Because I find you attractive, Seokjin ssi. You're my type and...I kinda like you?"

"Mwo?!? I really don't have time for your joke Mr Kim and I gotta go home now."

"Since you're off duty, why did you come in then?" Namjoon asked with a pleased smile on his face.

"I...I wanted to make sure that everything's alright."

"And apparently it's not."

"Then do you feel any where uncomfortable Kim Namjoon ssi?"

Namjoon was waiting for that question, and was of course satisfied when he heard that. Slowly, he turned Jin's body towards him. He then reached his hands out to Jin's back and pulled the elder one closer to him.

It wasn't the first time they were that close, so Jin doesn't feel there's anything wrong with it - it was an excuse he gave himself. He held his breath unconsciously, staring hard at Namjoon, hoping to get some hint from his eyes. His eyes were full of lust, and Jin did not like that feeling.

Namjoon's tongue went out to lick Jin's lips, making it moist and puffy. He smirked, before connecting their lips together, tightly. Jin grabbed the ends of Namjoon's shirt, asking god to tell him exactly what he should do now.

"Just go with the flow. Follow your heart," a voice came from nowhere, probably from his heart.

They slowly moved to the bed, with their lips still attached. Namjoon pushed Jin onto the bed, before removing his shirt.

"Andwae!" Jin shouted as he shook his head, "we can't do it."

"Wae?"

"I'm a nurse and you're my patient. This is wrong!"

"But now you're not. Your shift is over so technically, you're just a visitor of mine."

"Andwaeeee!! You're married Namjoon...I can't..."

"I'm not asking you to commit anything to me, and me neither. I just wanna spend this three days with you Jin..."

"O-okay..." Jin replied softly. His eyes were still darting around, obviously haven't really made the decision but Namjoon did not wait any longer. He pushed Jin down and awarded him with rough kisses, from his face, down to his body.

The next day...

Jin opened his calendar and marked out today's date. There was a special note below it, "Namjoon discharge". He sighed loudly, planning to let the whole world knows but sadly, there wasn't a single soul around him.

The clock showed 4 pm as Jin took the necessary documents and proceeded to the VIP room. He was still having difficulty when walking, probably due to the intense session yesterday. He did not blame it on Namjoon, as it was probably their first and last time doing it, he said to himself.

Another loud sigh before entering the ward, from far, Jin spotted a unfamiliar female figure beside Namjoon. He knocked the door lightly to sound out his presence.

"Oh Jin, you're here," Namjoon stood up and smiled, a little bit too forced, "let me introduce, this is my wife, you can call her Mrs Kim. And this is Jin, the nurse in-charge for these three days."

Jin clearly doesn't like the sound of 'Mrs Kim'. She was pretty, yes, but definitely not as pretty as him. Jin has just that a little bit too much confidence in his appearance.

Mrs Kim went to hug Namjoon's arm, but smiling sweetly at Jin, "Kumawol Seokjin ssi. Thank you for looking after my husband for the past three days. But now, I guess we're heading home."

"Ne, please come again next time," oh wait, that sounds weird, it's a hospital for goodness sake, "please feel free to approach me next time when you visit the hospital I mean," Jin replied and smiled awkwardly.

Jin shifted himself to a corner while he witnessed how Mrs Kim diligently helped Namjoon with his suitcase and held him out of the room, with their hands interlocked. They walked passed Jin, for which Jin avoided eye contact despite knowing that Namjoon was staring hard at him.

Jin wasn't ready to see his love - he was about to call Namjoon that - to leave with another girl. He wasn't prepared to undergo the pain of being ditched. That would be the last time seeing Namjoon, he told himself, and he shall dump all the memories created for the past three days in his recycling bin and press the 'clear all' button coolly.

However, Namjoon wasn't prepared to leave without a word. Standing outside the room door, he stopped and whispered to his wife, "Give me five minutes dear while you go get the car. I think I left something important in there, gotta check."

After kissing his wife on the forehead, he dashed into the ward again, now locking the door behind him. Jin was still standing there, staring into space, until he noticed Namjoon's presence again.

"Why- why are you...back here?" Jin stuttered.

"Because I missed you."

"Your wife..."

"She went down to get the car. So now, I have five minutes to get my feelings straight."

"What- what feelings?"

"My feelings for you Seokjin. I know it's kinda crazy for me to decide that you would be the love of my life within a mere three days period, and especially me as a married man. But, what I know for sure is that I don't wanna part ways with you, not for now at least. I haven't got enough of you, your smile, your charm, your everything. I know I can't ask you to be my boyfriend or something especially when I'm someone's husband. But...will you...be together with me? I can't give you a title, but I promise, I will give me all my time, my love and my body."

"I don't know Namjoon...is it really okay for us to stay this way?"

"There's no right or wrong answer when it comes to love, just a yes or no answer when I say you 'Do you like me?' And the answer is..."

Jin nodded his head slightly, probably too timid to look up to meet the intense gaze from Namjoon. But that was enough for Namjoon, enough for him to know that he wouldn't be alone at night for at least quite some time...

-END-