Boy Problem (7)

Boy Problem:

Dear BAM,

I like this boy, alot and he's in all of my classes which is pretty good. My best friend had liked him and i noticed it right away, i had made her realize her feelings for him because the signs were there so once she actually had understood her feelings towards him she had told me about it, so of course i had backed off because that's the right thing to do. So then a couple of months pass and she says she dislikes him now so i took this chance and told her my feelings of him, which actually brought us together. Well while she had liked him she told me that he was still in "love" with his ex girlfriend which broke my heart and broke hers. She wanted me to tell him about my feelings but of course I'm a shy person which makes this situation worst. I'm also very new to this flirting thing and I'm really bad at it. I tried to flirt and made it pretty obvious so that he could maybe show me signs if he was interested. My best friend then texted him saying, "Guess who likes you?"

and he replies "myname" and then she asked him how he knew and he replied it's obvious.

She asked him "Why haven't you done anything about it?"

and he says "If it was important she would have told me."

So when she showed me the text i was heart broken even if it may seem like a small thing to others, this really had caused me emotional pain because I've never really had a serious crush on anybody before him. So it's been about a month since i knew all of this information and my friends are telling me to tell him about my feelings like it's no big deal but it really is to me. I've wanted to tell him of my feelings but i don't want to get rejected. I don't know if i should tell him since he still has feelings for his ex and if she makes him happy, i should be happy for him and the thing is i like that girl alot (friend wise) which kills me even more since i know her. i still think my best friend has feelings for him.

I'm just not sure i should tell him or not

-confused

___________________________________________

Dear Confused,
           For one thing I think it's a good thing that you can express your feelings at all and that you are able to flirt at all but honey you should just be yourself. I believe even though he is still in love with his ex you should set him to the side and let him know how you feel because of the fact that it will make you feel better even if rejection does come out of it. If you hold in your going to be filled with a lot of what ifs. If your friend still did have feelings for him I believe she would be more hostile or tell you if she did it but at this point in time I don't think she does. Oh and one more thing if you do tell him and he only wants to stay friends, don't be upset because if your feelings are real being someone's friend for the while is better than not having that person in your life at all.

Just remember I'm a message away if you need anymore advice and I really hope this helps.

BAM