Unreality vs reality (1)

Dear BAM,

All my life I've been sheltered and protected. Hidden from what I "shouldn't" know. So I learned what I deemed necessary from movies, books, and music.

I keep telling myself that love and true best friends are real, but everyday reality shoves the evidence that it's not real in my face.

There's this particular anime movie that I obsess over, I mean, you or anyone else wouldn't or doesn't even get it. I'd have to explain my whole life for you.

I always imagine and dream myself into the worlds of books and movies, but am harshly redirected to the real world once more.

I don't know what to do. It's summer vacation, so it's mostly acceptable. But when school starts I need to focus on my studies, and I can't think of a way to get it all out of my head. I'm not as serious or committed like my "perfect" older sister, and I may not be able to handle all the advanced. course work.

Can you help me think of an outlet to get rid of all my childish unrealities, and hopeless perfect ideas?

SINCERELY (<- a joke),

The-Helpless-and-Hopeless-Unreality-Inventor

_______

Dear The-Helpless-and-Hopeless-Unreality-Inventor,

Well firstly I just wanted to tell you that it's okay to get sucked into movies and books because let's face it, there amazing. But yes reality is always at the corner which will knock you on your butt if your not careful. I think your slowly realizing books and movies aren't reality and it's good to separate the two. I just want you to know all the books and movies are what people wish life was like, specifically their life. You basically get glimpses of people imagination, hopes, dreams, etc. That's what you get when you read and watch. Your parents aren't doing you any favors either. They are doing more harm than good. One day you'll learn everything there is to reality tbh. But try to go out more even if it's out on the front porch and just observe. Observe everything around you and see what reality is like. Watch the news also or read it. You'll find what reality is really like but slowly, I advise you, reality is not all like the movies and books as I said once before.

I hope this helped some..

Love,

BAM