Life problem (2)

Dear BAM,

So there's this special test I have to take. Only people with good grades get chosen and I got chosen. If you pass the test you go to a different school for the next year. I want to take it but at the same time I really don't want do. Take it-I think it will be really fun to go to a special school. Don't want to take it-Leaving all my friends. I talked to my mom and she's bribing me by saying that she'll get me a laptop if I pass. But if I do fail I might disappoint her. I really wanted to go to the same school as my friends next year but I also want to please my mom. What should I do?

xoxo Maddie

_______

Dear Maddie, 

Hmm.. well these factors do lead a lot to what you really wish to do with what your future holds. Now I'm not going to tell you what to do. I'm going to give you reasons to why and why you shouldn't take it okay? So bear with me. 

Reasons to take the test

This kind of opportunity doesn't happen often. 

If you pass then your mother will be happy.

You will meet new people and make new friends. 

You will get a good education. 

You will possibly get a new laptop.

You will be able to broaden your knowledge therefore have a good possibility of having a better future for yourself. 

You will gain experience in trying things and taking risks. 

Reasons to not take the test

You would stay with your friends. 

You wouldn't leave your friends.

You would stay in the same school. 

You wouldn't have anything as much as if you were to take the test. 

You wouldn't have to see the disappointment from your mother.

Now those are my listed reasons. Hopefully it will help you decide on which one would be best for you. and sorry for the late reply :/

BAM