Relationship problems (1)

Dear BAM,

So, prom is coming up. Obviously. Well, this is my problem. This girl that was supposed to be one of my friends has been ignoring me during the few days that we've actually been to school in the last couple months or so. Problem is, she flirts with every single guy she sees. She's convinced that my boyfriend is taking her to prom and that I'm okay with it. I'm far from okay with it. In fact, I get really jealous if anyone even says her name. I've made it clear to everyone that I'm not taking her and that if she asks, I'm going to say no. But, she still thinks we're taking her to prom. I don't feel comfortable around her. I was talking to one of my friends about it at our last bowling meet. I was telling her about how I was planning to talk to him about it and tell him that I don't want him taking her because it makes me jealous. I've already told myself that if he wants to take her over me, then I'm going to leave him because he wouldn't be respecting my boundaries, even though I'd only be breaking my own heart. I'm afraid that if I continue to let her be friends with my boyfriend, she's going to advance and start texting him. If she starts texting him, she's going to try to take him from me. How do I tell them that I don't want them being friends without sounding like a crazy, overly attached, obsessive girlfriend?

Sincerely,

MyLovelyPromDate

_____________

Dear MyLovelyPromDate, 

Okay well I'd explain to your boyfriend that you don't feel comfortable with her around him because you know how she is like and that you don't want to be rude but you don't want them going to the prom together because of that fact that he's yours and not hers. Then I would tell the girl that she needs to stop advancing on your boyfriend like that. As with your boyfriend, the people around you need to respect your boundaries too. It wouldn't be fair to you if she went with your boyfriend to prom. I think anyone in their right mind would think the same as me. 

BAM