Chapter 4

Kenzie

I sat on the floor of the guest room, bawling my eyes out. I have so many feelings and their mashing into one and I feel like I'm dying, and honestly dying would feel better than how I feel right now.

An old boyfriend, an ex, I guess you could say, we were thinking about getting back together. Working things out. An old time friend, an ironically another Youtuber/Internet star, Nate Garner, we used to be inseparable but he moved. It feels like anyone I loved goes to great lengths to leave me.

I told Matt about Jc and I kissing because I felt guilty about it, and I didn't want to hide it from him because that's not a way to start a relationship. Then he started getting mad, asking why I didn't tell him earlier, why did I kiss him, and how could I?

How could I?

Why do I always have to be the one to screw things up? Can't good ever come my way?

Jc

I wake up to hear crying in the room across me... The guest room. Kenzie. I knock on the door. "May I come in?"

"Yes," She sniffs. I didn't see her right away, I realize she was in the bedroom bathroom.

"Are you okay?" I stepped into the room, standing by the bed.

"I think I'm sick, I... Threw up," she says coming out the bathroom brushing her teeth.

"Want me to tell Kian?" I asked, concerned. There's nothing I could do about it. Kian knows her better than she knows me. She shakes her head.

"I'll be okay, hopefully," she mumbled the hopefully but I could still hear it.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I ask, she goes in the bathroom again coming back without a toothbrush. Sobbing. I hug her.

"I'm not sick. I was crying to hard that I started coughing, and I threw up," she was crying really hard, but somehow she said it through all the tears.

"Why? What's wrong?" I ask, tears wetting my shirt.

"Nate," was all she could get out, sucking it up as best as she could. "I love him. So much. But he's mad at me, and won't return my calls or respond to my texts because I screwed up," she broke down. Literally. Her legs turned to jelly and she went to the floor. This hurt badly I even wanted to cry, I can't go through with it. I can not go through with the bet, she's already so hurt.

I bent down to her height. "He'll get over it. He has to, no one would want to lose someone as perfect as you."

"I'm not perfect," she lightly laughed.

"Damn near," I smile, hugging her tight so it would last throughout the night so she wasted no more tears on Nate.

"Thanks, Justin," she paused, furrowing. "I mean Jc. I don't know where that came from," she giggled, before pulling away from the hugs. "goodnight."

"No problem. Goodnight," I head back to my room. There's no such thing as perfect. That's true, but Kenzie is pretty close. It was a bet for me to try to date her, but I don't have the heart to hurt her. Plus, I have money. I have anything I could ever possibly want, why am I doing a bet for money? I'm going to tell her, and apologize.

{It's short, apologies but I changed Kenzie to Holland Roden. I know she looks nothing like Kian but pretend that she dyed her hair, or that she's adopted or something. Go with the flow}