Down Chick (Derek)

My bestfriend and I looked through the racks of clothing, since she desperately needed something 'sexy' to wear for her date tonight.

"So where is Nate taking you tonight" my mind drifted off to her boyfriend of 4 months.

"Well...I'm not sure. Somewhere though."

I shrugged.

"Hm. Kay"

I looked at my phone and realized that it was already time for me to go.

"Hey Tina, I gotta go" I spoke, pointing at the door.

I picked up my bags and held them all in one hand.

"So soon?" She whined slightly.

"Yeah. My mom asked me to babysit Melanie tonight. I haven't seen her in awhile."

She nodded, understanding my situation.

"Okay. But before you leave, I have a question" I sighed and turned around, bracing myself for what's to come.

"So you know how Nate and I are going on this date tonight?"

I nodded, gesturing for her to continue.

"Okay so I kinda made a deal with him. So he told his friend about you and now his friend wants to meet you and kinda have a double date"

She tried to be slick and whisper so I couldn't hear her.

"No." I stated. I'm not going on another one of her blind dates.

"What? Just no?"

I rolled my eyes. "Obviously just no. What do you think this shit is? I'm not going on this date no matter what."

"Please, please, please. You're going to make him sad when you don't show up."

"Okay and? I don't know him so why should thst affect him. And besides, I'm babysitting tonight so no going out for me"

She dropped the clothes in her hands and caught up to me.

"So if I can find you a babysitter, you'll come?"

"Nope." She grabbed my hand and stopped me.

"Do me this one favor. I think you'll really like him"

I sighed and crossed my hands over my chest.

"What's even in this for you anyways?"

She shrugged and looked down to the ground.

"I just want you to get over that asshole Noah"

I put a hand on her shoulder. "I'll be fine" She looked up and gave me puppy dog eyes.

"Fine. Just find me a babysitter and you've got yourself a deal."

She squealed and followed me out the door and over to my car.

The whole way home she squealed in happiness.

"Okay I've got the perfect dress in mind. The short summer dress with that slit up the sides and the later jacket and some killer pumps"

I giggled at her rambling and shook a finger in her face.

"None of that until I have a babysitter."

"I got thst covered already. My mom already picked her up for me since she's taking care of Kelsey tonight. And you can see her next weekend or something"

"That was quick" I mumbled, turning into her driveway.

"Yeah. I know. Now come one we've got a date to get ready for."