Single Dad (Nate)

"Being a single Dad must be hard"

I sighed and rested my chin in the palm of my hand.

I watched as the guy desperately tried to get his two dimpled twins under control.

"You should go help him. He could really use your help right now" my sister said, pointing over at him.

I shook my head and put the lollipop back in my mouth.

"I shouldn't intrude" She paused me over to him slightly and whispered in my ear.

"You were a babysitter when you were younger and got kids together for a living. Now please go help? I don't like seeing people struggle"

I sighed and walked over to the beautiful man.

"Hey." I said to get his attention.

He gave me his own dimpled smile and looked back down at his kids.

"Do you need some help maybe?"

He stood up straight and looked me in the eyes.

"I'm fine"

I grabbed the one twin and lifted him up as he was about to run away.

He giggled as I tickled him.

"And where do you think you're going?" He giggled again and played with the soft tendrils in my hair.

Soon the other twin came running over to me.

"How did you do that? I can never get them to stay in one place"

"I used to babysit kids and they acted crazier than this. Sometimes I have a free day and I can help you with them if you'd like. I'll even do it without pay because I think you're really cute"

He smiled and took the kids from my arms.

"I think that would help alot" He wrote his number down on my arm and before he walked away I blurted out, "Call me when you're in trouble."

He smiled and I walked back over to my sister who had a wide smile on her face.

"So when the first date?"