Promise (Johnson)

Jack stood there, his bags surrounding him. I smiled and walked over to him.

"I can't believe you're leaving already. You just came back."

I threw my arms around his tall body and rested my cheek on his chest.

I sighed as he hugged me back.

"I wish I could stay in Omaha longer but I've got to go back. I got work to do. I'll be back in no time to see you again." He explained lifting my head up, making me look in his eyes.

"About that..." I stepped back from him and crossed my arms.

My eyes looked everywhere but his face.

"What? Did you take me up on my offer of moving to LA with me?"

I slowly shook my head.

"I got an internship in New York. I thought about it for awhile and I took it."

"It's only for the summer right? You come back."

"No. They said that if I did good for the summer internship, I would get the job. I really need this right now. I just can't stay in Omaha forever. I would love to move out to LA with you but I feel like I would be relying on you for everything. I need to learn how to live on my own and this is the best way to do it."

He grabbed my hand and pulled me back in for a hug.

"Fine. I'll let you to but promise me one thing."

"Anything"

"Were going to be far away from each other and we're going to be so busy that we'll barely talk. I want you to promise me that you'll always be my bestfriend"

I looked at him like he was crazy.

"Always. No one could ever replace you"

Just felt like doing this.

It's late and I'm not tired.