What You Didn't Know

Duncan whistled quietly as he took a walk by himself. Happy to see no cameras were following him. They knew he probably needed some alone time, after Gwen broke up with him today. Filming All Stars has been the worst season to him, so far. He knew he should probably be a little more upset about the break up, but truthfully.. He was relieved. Duncan knew it was coming sooner or later. He was just glad it happened sooner, and not later. Gwen and him both knew that their relationship was shit. With them constantly feeling guilty about how it started. Him still pining over Courtney. Her still in love with Trent. Duncan had a feeling it was going to happen this way. They'd end up figuring out that the two were meant to be best friends. And that's all it'll ever be. 

Duncan was kicking himself for not realizing that sooner. Hating himself for giving up possibly the best relationship he'd ever have for nothing. 

But... The thing was... He hadn't given it up as easily as everyone thought he had. There were details no one knew about that night he had decided to leave Egypt. Things no one but him knew. Things that if Courtney had known... Possibly would have saved their relationship. 

As though his thoughts of her had drawn her close, Duncan looked up to see Courtney sitting a little down the beach. All by herself. Her shoes were off, sitting next to her. She had her tan feet dug into the sand, and she was hugging her knees close to her chest. She was looking out at the murky water of the lake. The breeze gently blowing her hair back from her face. The light from the moon making her eyes sparkle. 

Duncan swallowed hard and turned to quickly walk back the other way, but his mind stopped him mid step. Making him freeze. 

Don't walk away from her, you idiot! Tell her what she doesn't know!

It doesn't matter.. It's not like it'd make a difference now.

Duncan sighed, and slowly turned back around. He slowly began walking towards her again, his pace cautious. 

"Courtney?" he said, as he got closer to her. He saw her shoulders tense up, and her head slowly turned and she looked up at him as he walked over. His heart skipped in his chest, as he stopped a few feet away from her.

"Uh.. Hey," he stuttered, she raised a brow at him before tilting her head to the side. Like she was confused why he was here. Hell- why wouldn't she be?

"What do you want?" she asked. He sighed and rubbed the back of his head gently

"Can we uh.. Talk?" he asked. She rolled her eyes

"I don't care," she said, and looked away from him and back out to the lake. Duncan slowly sat down next to her

"Um, I didn't say I wanted you near me," she said. Duncan opened his mouth-

"I'm kidding.." Courtney snorted. Duncan sighed in relief.

Tell her. Right now! Tell her!

"Courtney..." Duncan said, and swallowed hard "There's something you don't know.." 

Courtney rolled her eyes "That seems to be a common thing from you. You not telling me things,"

Duncan flinched a little, but shrugged it off and sighed

"No.. Courtney. There's something I didn't tell you.. About the night I left Egypt. There's something I didn't tell you," he said, inching closer to her. She didn't seem to notice, she was too busy staring down at the tan sand. 

Duncan growled as he walked through the first class part of the plane. His head was still ringing from Courtney and Gwen's constant bickering earlier, and his feet hurt from all the running.