Without You

(This takes place when Courtney and Gwen found Duncan in London and brought him back. This is right after Courtney snapped at Duncan for leaving her alone in the game)

Duncan grumbled to himself angrily as he paced back and forth in the cargo hold of the plane. Still pissed off over Courtney's rant. 

How could you just leave like that? So not cool!

Duncan rolled his eyes at his thoughts and shook his head. Sure, he had left the game early, but didn't she understand that he had to do it? She was driving him up a wall! He knew that if he didn't quit, then he'd end up doing something he really regretted. 

You could always just kiss Gwen, that'll do it

Duncan blinked at his thoughts, and made a disgusted face. How could he even think that? Yes, he was pissed at Courtney, but he still loved her. Loved her more than he think she realized.

Clearly she doesn't love you if she's always trying to change you

Duncan sighed at his thoughts. And closed his eyes a little. It was true. Courtney hasn't been the Courtney he fell in love with. The Courtney he planned on spending his life with. 

"Damn it," Duncan whispered to himself. He felt his heart ache with the possibility of having to end this relationship. He didn't want to. But he had a feeling, that if it kept going the way it was, he'd have to. 

"Duncan?" came a soft voice from the entrance of the cargo hold. Duncan looked over to see Courtney hanging by the door, she was wearing a light purple sweater, and she was hugging it close to her skin. 

"Oh, come to bash on me a little more?" he snapped, not looking at her. He cursed to himself for being so rash. 

Courtney looked down and swallowed hard, "No.." she mumbled. And moved aside.

Duncan looked over and saw Heather, Alejandro, and Sierra all slowly walk in behind Courtney. He narrowed his eyes when he saw Alejandro slowly set down a small radio on the floor. 

Courtney slowly walked forward and stood in front of him, looking up into his angry teal eyes. 

"What's going on..." he trailed off when he saw the rest of the cast slowly walk into the cargo hold as well. Chris looked just as confused as Duncan did. 

Courtney smiled faintly at him "I'd like to dedicate this song to my boyfriend.." she said. Duncan's eyes widened a little when he heard the familiar bell ring. Signaling they had to sing a musical number. 

Courtney blew out a long breath "I was wrong.. Earlier. I shouldn't try to control you. I was just too focused on being mad to realize that what I was saying was really hurting you. Hurting us." Courtney broke off, tearing up a little "And I've realized, that for this relationship to work, I can't try to control you. I have to step back and let you fly on your own."

"Duncan can fly?" Sierra asked, earing an eye roll from Heather

"Really?" Heather snapped.

Courtney looked down at her feet "And I need this relationship to work... Because I can't live without you," she whispered.

Alejandro smirked and slowly pushed play on the radio, and the soft music started to play. Courtney took a deep breath in 

"I can't win,

I can't wait,

I will never win this game, without you,

Without you,"

Duncan swallowed hard as Courtney's soft voice filled the room, Heather and Sierra began to softly hum the harmony. 

"I am lost,

I am vein,

I will never win this game, 

Without you,

Without you,"

Courtney looked up at him slowly, her eyes had filled with tears 

"I won't run,

I won't fly,

I will never make it by,

Without you,

Without you,"

Duncan felt his anger slowly leave his body, as he listened to Courtney's beautiful words.

"I can't rest, 

I can't find,

All I need is you and I,

Without you,

Without you,"

Courtney felt a tear fall out of her eye, and she melted into Duncan's touch as he reached up and brushed it away with his thumb, keeping his hand on her cheek.

Heather and Sierra shared a smile, and watched the couple in their moment. 

"I can't erase, so I'll take blame,

I will never be the same, 

Without you,

Without you,

I won't soar,

I won't climb,

If you're not here I'm paralyzed,

Without you, 

Without you,"

Duncan looked into Courtney's eyes, and the rest of the world seemed to fall away. He forgot why he was so angry, and didn't even notice Gwen as she walked into the room to see what the hell was going on.

Gwen stiffened when she saw Duncan holding Courtney close as she sang to him. Her beautiful voice filling the cargo hold with emotion.

"I am lost,

I am vein, 

I will never be the same,

Without you,

Without you,"

Courtney smiled at Duncan and laughed through her tears as the song came to and end. The music slowly died down, and everyone was too moved with emotion to move.

Chris blew his nose into a tissue "beautiful! Just.. Beautiful!"

Duncan ignored him, and he pulled Courtney close

"I love you," he whispered, and kissed her hard. Earning cheers from all the other contestants. 

Gwen looked away and quickly ran into the confessional. 

Courtney giggled when the kiss ended, hiding her head into his chest

"I love you too," she sighed in happiness. Happy she had her man back.

And he was here to stay.