This Chapter Is A Mess

When Duncan met Courtney, she had been just another stuck up snotty girl at his high school. Judged him for his habits-some of which, she grew to adore- and constantly reminded him to follow the rules.

But, we all know how Duncan was with rules.

"No parties," Courtney said, putting her hand on her hip, as she stared up at her husband. Duncan rolled his eyes

"No alcohol, and absolutely no drugs. Especially not marijuana," she said. 

Duncan snorted and raised a brow at her "Princess, no one calls it that anymore. Just call it pot," he laughed. She glared at him 

"Duncan I mean it. If we're gonna live together we have to understand each other's limits. I hate the smell of it, and what it does to your system, don't smoke it around me" she said. Duncan groaned and rubbed his eyes.

"Fine,"  he grumbled.

Courtney's face lit up and she hugged him tightly "I'm so excited to start my life with you," she said into his chest.

Duncan's face slowly softened and he smiled a little, holding her close "Ditto, Princess,"

Now. Duncan intended to keep his word to her, to make her happy. 

But, as he always did, he found a way around them.

Courtney sighed as she came downstairs and walked into her kitchen. Duncan had gone out with Geoff a few hours ago, as he usually did on Saturday nights. 

Courtney looked around, her stomach grumbling. She opened the fridge and squinted when she found a strange Tupperware dish in the  back. She reached in and pulled it out, taking it over to the counter, she opened it. 

Inside, were a seemingly innocent batch of brownies. 

Courtney raised a brow, and smirked. 

"Aw, I guess he knew I'd be craving chocolate," she cooed. She reached in and took one of the proportioned brownies. Closing the lid and walked away. 

"Dude it was fucking hilarious. Did you see his face?" Duncan chuckled as he and Geoff walked through the front door of Duncan and Courtney's house a few hours later. They were both slightly buzzed from the night out, but Duncan was glad to be home 

"Babe?" Duncan called down the hall as he and Geoff walked into the kitchen.

Only to stop dead in their tracks

The batch of 'brownies' they had made was half gone, crumbs left on the counter. The lid slightly open. 

Duncan slowly walked over to them, his eyes wide in sheer terror. 

"Court!?" Duncan croaked

"Heyyy guyssss," Courtney giggled as she danced into the kitchen. Her brown hair in a messy bun. Her eyes were glassy, and bloodshot. 

"Oh.. My.. God.." Duncan said, staring at his wife. 

Geoff bent over and let out a loud laugh, holding his stomach. 

"Did you eat these?" Duncan asked, pointing to the brownies. 

Courtney grinned from ear to ear "Oh hell yeah I did," she said. And let out another round of giggles.

Duncan put a hand to his forehead, and leaned back against the counter 

Courtney wasn't just high. She was stoned off her ass. 

"I'm so hungry," Courtney complained, and walked over to the pantry, her steps uneven. And every time she would trip, she'd giggle some more "I feel so good,"

"I bet you do," Duncan said into his hands, Geoff was wiping away his tears

"Oh.. Oh.. Dude.. Mocha is baked!" Geoff said. Duncan glared at him, and shook his head. 

"It's like everything is in slow motion," Courtney mumbled, smiling as she looked at her hands. 

"Okay babe, maybe it's time you laid down-" Duncan said. 

Honestly, he was a little scared. They had put a lot of pot into those brownies. And she had eaten 3. For someone as small as her, and someone who had never smoked anything before, she had to be on the ride of her life. 

Just then the door opened, and Bridgette walked in. 

"Come on Geoff what's taking so long?" Bridgette asked, as she rounded the corner and into the kitchen. As soon as she saw what was happening, her eyes slowly narrowed and she looked at her best friend

"Courtney?" Bridgette said, Courtney grinned again

"Bridgette!" Courtney yelled, over excitedly throwing her hands up in the air. Bridgette stared at her as though she were an alien. Then, her olive eyes slowly drifted to the brownies on the counter. 

Bridgette walked over to Courtney and grabbed her cheeks, pulling her face close to look at her eyes. 

"Oh my god." Bridgette said, turning and glaring at the boys "You two got my best friend high!?"

Duncan jumped back, and swallowed hard. Geoff stopped laughing and shared a scared look with his wife

"Bridge.." he said, backing up as the fuming blonde began walking towards them.

"Duncan Abraham Evans. You are dead!" Bridgette yelled. She pointed to the brownies on the counter "Get rid of them!"

"Yes Ma'am," Duncan gulped and grabbed the tray of brownies "I'll never bring pot in here again!" he promised, grabbing Geoff's ear as he took the brownies outside to throw them away. 

As soon as the door shut behind them, Bridgette smirked. Turning around to look at Courtney, who was leaning against the counter, looking over her nails. 

"Are you sure it worked?" Courtney asked, as Bridgette stood next to her.

Bridgette laughed

"Oh I'm sure. Duncan will never break your rules again," she said. 

Courtney smirked