Dead To Me Part 1: No Body, No Crime

Scowling, Courtney grabbed her pillow and shoved it against her ears, trying to block out the irritating sound of her alarm clock. 

After about a minute of this, she growled and sat up, swinging her feet over the side of her bed, she punched the damn thing off and blew her hair out of her face. She pushed the blankets back and got up, stretching her limbs like a cat. She headed over to the bathroom and slipped into the shower. 

Feeling the hot water droplets slowly descending down her sore spine made her sigh in relief, her eyes fluttering closed as she tilted her head back and enjoyed the calming moment.

"Mom! Payton won't give me the remote!" 

"I had it first, Mom!"

Slowly opening her eyes again, she clenched her teeth and twisted the shower off. Grabbing her towel and wrapping it around her as she got out. Courtney walked across her huge bedroom to her closet, opening it. 

Her eyes slowly fell towards the empty side of the massive closet and swallowed hard. Grabbing her work clothes she quickly closed the closet and got dressed. Pulling her wet hair into a slick bun and slipped on a pair of black heels. 

Courtney came downstairs to see the twins sitting on the couch, still bickering about the remote. 

"It's no fair you had it yesterday!" Jaxon said.

"I'm the older one!" Payton snapped back.

Courtney rolled her eyes and came over and snatched the remote from Payton "And I'm the oldest," she said, flicking the TV to the News. Earning a groan from her kids.

"You kids should pay attention to these things, seems how you're both the next generation to take over after our mess," Courtney teased, as she began making them breakfast. Jaxon walked over as he pulled his beanie down over his black hair, hiding more of his teal eyes.

He looks just like his Father

Courtney put the toast into the toaster and began making them some scrambled eggs. 

"Oh! I won't be home tonight, I'm staying at Remmy's again. Planning prom," Payton said, as she and her brother sat at the island

"Remmy is weird, be careful around her. And I also won't be home" Jaxon said. Payton raised a brow

"How is she weird?" she asked, Jax snickered

"She's obsessed with you. I'm sure she would cut your face off and wear it if she could-"

"Okay!" Courtney chirped in, setting their plates down in front of them "Breakfast is ready."

Courtney watched as her kids dug into their food and smiled faintly. Jaxon sat back a little 

"I like dad's eggs better," he simply said with a shrug. Earning him a smack on the shoulder by Payton.

Courtney turned away and started running the dish water, glancing down at the tan line from where her wedding ring had once been for so long. She blinked and began doing dishes

"You kids better get going, don't be late for school," Courtney said. 

Both kids reached for the bowl that held the keys to their car, Payton cheered when she grabbed them first "Yes!"

"You drove yesterday!" Jax grumbled, the two bickered back and forth as they went out the front door. The sound of the door closing echoing through out the large empty house. 

Courtney let out a sigh and dried her hands on a dish towel and turned around, leaning against the counter as she sipped on her coffee.