Special

(A/N- this chapter takes place after world tour)

"I'm not special,

who the hell am I to think I'm special

I'm not so well

Thanks for asking

But you probably figured what else is new,"

Courtney scrolled through facebook on her phone.  She stopped at a shared article that had her face in the title page. The title of the article read "The Real Courtney Taint,"

Courtney sat up a little upset "Who the hell do they are to think they know me at all!" she snapped. She opened the article and began to read. 

She wish she hadn't.

"Courtney Taint isn't the victim of the season. She deserved everything she got including getting cheated on. Good for Duncan man, he finally found his way out of her maniplutive web. Come to think of it, Duncan was the real victim. He had to deal with that horrible excuse of a woman."

"Manipulative? I'm a horrible person?" Courtney whispered. She felt tears threatening to spill over her cheek. She scrolled down to the comments and began to read them

Yeah! I'm sure she a burden to everyone she loves. 

Shes a terrible person. #GWUNCANFORLIFE

She's a monster! 

SCREW COURTNEY.    

"is this really what the world thinks of me?" she whispered, heartbroken. 

She turned her phone down and began to cry. She went to her window to get some fresh air, but gasped when she saw 'GWUNCAN' spray painted across her driveway. Courtney grunted and closed her curtains angrily. 

It had been 3 months since world tour had ruined her life. And she was still being haunted by it.

The hate videos. Letters sent to her house about how much they hated her. The mean looks. The stupid reality talk shows that speak of her like she a horrible person or how stupid she is. That she's good for nothing. That she's nothing special and how they wish Courtney would just go away.  A drama queen. 

She was abused by that show, emotionally and physically. They sent her into a spiral, made her practically lose her mind. For what? Views? Someone they could easily edit to look like a villain. 

She just wished people saw behind the cameras. The person she was. 

"I'm not special, special,

Don't know why I thought I could be someone,

I'm no one,

To anyone who knows me,

I'm a burden, I'm certain, 

The only thing I'm good for is hurting the ones I love,"

Shaking her head, tired of the voice in her mind, Courtney grabbed her jacket off of her bed and slid a pair of shoes on. She couldn't stay in this house any longer. She needed air.

She needed.....

"If I sang a song, would you listen?

Or would tell me that I'm terrible,

If I played along, to ease the friction,

Would you still tell me that I'm terrible?"

Opening her front door, she was greeted by the smell of dew and the sound of crickets chirping in the wind. She wished her mind was filled with crickets, she was tired of thinking all the time. 

Courtney walked down her driveway, over the spray paint and to the sidewalk. With her hands in her pockets and her head down, she began walking. Hoping no one would notice or recognize her for once, and she wouldn't be bombarded with people wanting pictures and autographs. 

Don't get her wrong, she was thankful for her fans, but when you had such a strong hate to you as opposed to fans, it was scary. Never knowing whether the next person was coming in for a hug, or to stab you in the neck. 

She sighed as she looked up at the blinking street light and wondered if things would ever turn back to normal. She'd be able to go to the grocery store by herself, she wouldn't need bodyguards to get into restaurants or clubs anymore. 

The hate would go away.

But if she knew anything about humanity, is that the hate will never cease. 

Courtney walked down the sidewalk, the route becoming a habit in her brain. She memorized the way so long ago. Every crack in the sidewalk, ever stone out of place. 

She smiled faintly to herself as she stopped at the house. 

"But the ones I love,

They really love me,

The ones I love,

They truly know me,"

Walking up the steps she reached up and her hand cracked against the hard wood of the door. She stepped back and waited. 

Duncan opened the door and gave her a relieved smile. His teal eyes filled with affection. 

"Hey baby-"

Courtney ran into his arms and hid her face into his strong chest. He chucked and closed the door and wrapped his arms around her waist, burying his nose into her hair.

"you love me right?" she whispered against his chest. Duncan smiled 

"there's no doubt about that. You're the only thing I think about. Every day," he said. 

Courtney smiled, tears in her eyes. 

Suddenly the world went away. His love overcame her and all the hate was gone. She wasn't this evil manipulative girl the world saw. 

To him, she was special. 

And that's all she could ever really ask for. 

(A/N: Courtney and Duncan got back together and All Stars never happened.

I know I haven't spoken much on the world right now, but I hope with everything going so crazy right now, you all still find peace and are keeping healthy and safe. We are all in this together! This being said, knowing how hard this time has been. I was wondering if you all would be interested in reading some of the drafts I have. I write all the time but only post the stories i'm proud of. I have so many drafts and unpublished stories on here.

Would you be interested in reading them? 

WASH YOUR HANDS. 

Love, Skye)