A Friend's Plea Part 1

Courtney sighed as she walked back upstairs, holding the mail in her hands. She was flipping through the different bills and letters as she opened her apartment door.

Gwen's head popped up from the couch, and waved at her. Court smiled as she closed the front door of their shared apartment and flicked the letters on the table.

"Hey guys," she said, looking at the letters with the names of the three girls written on them. 

Bridgette, Gwen, and Courtney

"What?" Gwen asked, walking into the kitchen, she was wearing black shorts and a black tank top. Her teal and black hair was pulled back from her face. She was eating out of a bag of Goldfish crackers. 

"Where's Bridge?" Courtney asked her, as she sat down at the table.

"She's upstairs making out with Geoff," Gwen snickered as she looked over and picked up the letter with her name written on it. 

"Wait," Courtney said "I think we should open them all together,"

Gwen raised a brow, and shrugged a little "Whatever," she said, flopping down on a chair across from the CIT. 

"Bridgette! Get in here and quit making out with your boyfriend!" Courtney yelled upstairs, causing Gwen to massage her temples

"Why did I ever agree to move  in with you all after All Stars..." she grumbled. Courtney rolled her eyes as Bridgette came downstairs, her cheeks flushed. Geoff slowly followed her

"There she is! Have you guys finished sucking face?" Gwen snickered. Bridgette rolled her eyes, and looked over as Courtney tossed her the envelope with her name on it

"What's this?" Bridge asked as she took her seat next to Gwen. Geoff looked at the envelopes and swallowed hard. Gwen noticed this and slowly raised her charcoal eyes to him

" You look like you have answers" Gwen said. Geoff looked nervous as the 3 girls all looked at him expectantly.

"I.. i..." he stuttered. Bridgette looked at him worried

"Babe?" She slowly questioned "What's going on?"

"I got a letter too," he sighed. Courtney raised a brow

"Okay enough twilight zone shit," Gwen said, sliding a black painted nail through her envelope.

Courtney and Bridgette shared a look and followed suit, opening their letters and they slowly read them. As a feeling of utter dread washed over their bodies.

"Oh.."

"My.."

"God.."

The girls all stared at their letters, and then stared at each other

"You've gotta be fucking kidding me" Gwen hissed.

Bridgette re-read the letter, just making sure she hadn't gone crazy

" Hello again Bridgette! I bet you'd never hear from me, Chris McLean again! But here I am. Letting you know that you've been selected to join us for the 8th season of Total Drama! Try to hold your excitement, you aren't the only one to receive this letter, for when I was sending them out, I saw you Gwen and Courtney all share an apartment! How cute. Now you can all celebrate together! See you soon! Love, Chris"

"I hate that egotistical, self-entitled, hair dyeing, son of a-"

"Okay!" Bridgette said , cutting Gwen off in her rant. She swirled around to face her  boyfriend "you got one of these letters and you never told me!?"

Geoff pulled at his collar, sweating "Im sorry babe. I didn't tell you because I didn't know if you would get one as well. I didn't want this to come between us if I was competing and you weren't!" He said. Bridge gave him a disapproving look

"Do you know anyone else who got these letters?" Courtney asked. Geoff nodded

"Trent did," he said, looking at Gwen. Who smiled faintly, as a blush came across her features.

" And so did Duncan.." Geoff finished.

The room fell silent, and everyone slowly turned to look at Courtney. Who had gone stiff, her face slightly paling.

"Are we gonna do it?" Courtney asked, her voice quiet. Gwen bit her lip, and looked at Bridgette

"I know I am. I need all the money I can get." Bridgette said.

"Then I'll do it too," Courtney nodded. The girls slowly looked at Gwen who was biting her nails.

"Come on Gwen, please?" Bridgette whined.

"Please Gwen. We need you, we could start off so strong with an alliance!" Courtney pleaded. Gwen sighed

"Fine! I'll do it" Gwen growled.

Bridgette and Courtney cheered in glee, but Gwen held up a hand

"But.. I have a few conditions," she said. Courtney looked at her friend confused

"Bridgette, you and Geoff can't be making out all the time like you did in Action. I don't wanna have to walk into our cabin or whatever and catch you guys fucking or something," Gwen said. Bridgette blushed a deep crimson, but slowly nodded.

Gwen slowly looked at a worried Courtney.

" And you," Gwen pointed at her "you have to make things right with Duncan,"

Courtney's eyes widened, and she opened her mouth, exasperated "what?" She snapped "absolutely not! I will never speak to that Heathen again!"

Gwen sighed and rolled her eyes "Then I'm not doing it. I'm not putting up with you guys being at each other's throats again. What if we all get put on the same team? You guys won't be able to focus on the competition if you guys are too busy trying to fail the challenges to get each other voted off," she said, leaning back and kicking her feet up on the table. 

"Okay in all honesty," Bridgette said "You kinda did start this whole thing, Gwen,"

Gwen sighed and pulled at her hair "Don't you think I know that?" she snapped. 

"Gwen, as much as I'd want you to join us, I can't make things right with him. And besides, even if he wanted to-I doubt he'd ever want to see me again. He hates me," Courtney said, looking down slowly at her hands.

Gwen raised a brow "Court, did you even watch All Stars?" 

Courtney nodded a little "Yeah? So?"

"Then you saw how crazy he still was about you.. Even... When he was with me," Gwen said, looking away.

"Duncan isn't the best person. He tricked both of us. But... At some point in our lives, he meant the world to us. And that's gotta stand for something, right?" Gwen said "Look, I'm not asking you to forgive him for all the shit he put you through, but.. You guys still have so many unspoken words between you guys that it's insane. Those words need to come out, sooner or later. And I want it to happen sooner," Gwen said, giving her friend a pleading look, as she reached over and took Courtney's hand

"Look, Courtney, I've apologized a million times for what I did to you. I was a bitch for what I did, a complete bitch. And I can finally say that. There isn't a day that goes by that I'm not sorry. And if it comes down to it, I'd rather have you in my life than that stupid delinquent. But we aren't teenagers anymore. It's been years since World Tour. Don't you think it's time for you and Duncan to finally put all of this behind you guys?"

"Gwen is right, Mocha," Geoff said, coming over and gently laying a hand on Courtney's shoulder, giving her a soft look "We all want what's best for you, and having this Duncan thing hanging over your head for so long isn't good for you. Just, talk to him? For us?" Geoff pleaded. 

Courtney slowly looked at her closest friend's pleading faces. And sighed, putting her head into her hands 

"Fine.." she mumbled, giving up. 

"Geoff, call Duncan," Bridgette said to her boyfriend, with a smirk