Starstruck Snippet 3

(This takes place 3 months after the last snippet)

Duncan looked over at the small girl laying in bed next to him. Her soft breathing was the only thing he could hear in the otherwise silent room. He smiled faintly and pulled the blanket up to cover them a little better. He hadn't seen Skye in almost a month, being away from her for so long was driving him mad. But with her going to college in the States was just something they both knew they had to deal with.

It just made the time he got to spend with her all the more special.

Reaching over, Duncan gently pushed her blonde bangs out of her face and smirked.

His phone started vibrating in his jeans on the floor. He ignored it, but it went off again.

Duncan cursed and slowly got out of bed, he pulled on his boxers and grabbed his phone out of his jeans and left the room so Skye could have her peace and quiet.

"Whoever this is it better be pretty fucking important," he snapped as he answered the phone. His face slowly went pale when he heard the all too familiar voice on the other end of the line start to speak

"You've gotta be fucking kidding me.." He growled as the other line finished talking. He rubbed his forehead and growled. "Yeah fine, whatever," he snapped, and ended the call. Duncan slid his phone back into his pocket and pulled at his hair in frustration

"Son of a bitch," he sighed.

Skye slowly rolled over in her large bed, yawning a little. She tiredly reached over and slid her hand through the sheets to reach for Duncan. When her hand came in contact with a cold sheet, she sat up quickly. Concerned.

Where is he?

Skye creased her brows together and slowly got up, she stopped to pull on Duncan's shirt before slowly walking across her room and into the hallway. Skye walked out into her kitchen and froze when she saw Duncan sitting at her kitchen table, a cigarette in his hand, but he wasn't smoking it, he was just staring at the thing. His eyes intense.

"Duncan?" Skye quietly said, walking closer to him.  Duncan looked up at her, and even though he looked completely strung out, he still managed to smile weakly at her

"Hey Angel, I thought you were asleep," he said, putting his cigarette out in the ash tray on the table she had gotten for him.

Skye shook her head "I was asleep, but then I realized you were gone. Are you okay?" She asked, walking over to him slowly. He motioned for her to sit on his lap, so she did. Duncan sighed and rubbed a hand through his messy black hair. Skye noticed the light stubble on his chin. 

Most girls would think it looked sloppy, but Duncan made it look all the sexier

"You need to shave," she giggled lightly. He rubbed his chin and smirked a little. But it didn't reach his eyes. 

"Duncan," Skye said, her voice serious "Please, you're worrying me... Tell me what's wrong," 

Duncan slowly looked down, then slowly back up to her

"Total Drama has been renewed for an 8th season," he said. Skye smiled big

"That's awesome!" she said, excitedly. But from the way Duncan looked at her made her deflate. "That is  awesome, right?"

Duncan sighed "I'm in the new season. We start filming in a week," he said.

Skye slowly caught on "So this means you're going back to Canada.." she mumbled. Duncan closed his eyes briefly. But nodded a little

"So, you'll be back in no time!" Skye said, trying to remain positive "how long does it take to film?" 

"Depending if I win or not, or how many contestants Chris wants this time, it could be a few months, at the least," he said. Skye swallowed hard, feeling her heart ache

"Gwen is also back for the new season.." he continued. Skye stiffened and slowly slid off of Duncan's lap, trying to keep herself from falling apart

"I just got you back.." she croaked, turning to look at him. He put his head in his hands

"Just.. Tell Chris you don't want to participate this season," she suggested. Duncan let out a snort

"I can't," he grumbled "It's all on that stupid fucking contract I signed," 

Skye felt her bottom lip tremble, and she quickly turned away from him

"uh.. I think.. I'm gonna go take a shower," she said, her voice hoarse. 

Duncan made a move to stop her, but she had already rushed upstairs.

Skye quickly went into her master bathroom and closed the door, locking it. She slumped up against the door and sobbed a little.

A few months almost tore us apart last time.. I don't think we can handle anymore time apart like this...

Gwen is going to be there..

He's going to be hundreds of miles away..

Skye leaned her head back against the door, letting out a shaky breath. She knew how hard long distance relationships were. And the fact that she was dating a famous bad boy didn't make it any easier. 

With the new season, Duncan is going to rocket to the top of the popularity list again. 

He's going to get tired of you

Gwen's words bounced around in her head, but Skye shook her head. Refusing to believe it. 

He's going to realize that dating some no one from the States is going to drag him down, so he's gonna cut you loose

Skye squeezed her eyes shut. She didn't think she'd ever been so scared of what the future held in store. 

And she prayed that it was a future that still had Duncan in it..