Starstruck Snippet 2

(this takes place right after the last snippet) 

Skye watched as Courtney rummaged through her tiny closet in her bedroom. Duncan was still getting ready in her master bathroom for the party. And Courtney refused to get dressed until she found the perfect dress for Skye to wear

"This event is supposed to be the biggest in Canada tonight. You have to look red carpet ready," Courtney said, as she pushed all of Skye's scrubs out of the way to get to her real clothes 

Skye was fidgeting with her rings nervously, as her new friend looked for something for her to wear. Skye didn't really think to pack any red carpet ready dresses. She only ever worn 2 in her whole life, for senior and junior prom. 

"I don't really think you'll find anything in there, Court-"

"Ohhh wait. What is this?" Courtney gasped, as she pushed aside a few sweaters to reveal a long blue dress hidden in a bag hanging up in the back of her closet. Skye swallowed hard as Courtney pulled it out, and took the bag off of it.

It was a floor length dark blue velvet dress. With a low cut front, and an open back. With thin straps to hold the heavy dress up on your shoulders. (A/N It's the dress in the picture in the beginning)

"This is gorgeous!" Courtney gushed, holding the dress gently in her hands. The velvet soft against her hands. 

"No.." Skye shook her head "I can't wear that!" 

"Then why do you have it?" Courtney asked, raising a brow. Skye gulped a little

"Because my mom gave it to me to wear to her second wedding. When she married the Step Loser. As I call him," Skye grumbled. "I refused to go to the wedding, so it's just been sitting in my closet since. I don't even think it'll fit me now." 

"Well, there's only one way to find out!" Courtney smiled, walking over and handing Skye the dress "It's a gorgeous dress. Just because it's tied to one bad moment in your life, doesn't mean you can't tie it to a good one," 

Skye bit her lip gently, but slowly reached up and took the dress from Courtney "Thanks Court," she smiled. Courtney shrugged a little

"Now I have to figure out what I'm going to wear.." she sighed.

"You mean to tell me, that Chris has spent so much money on this event, he can't even send us limos?" Courtney growled as the three waited outside Skye's apartment. They were currently trying to find a taxi to get them to the event that started in just under an hour. 

Courtney had picked a dark purple long, curve hugging dress with a beautiful train that she had to carry to walk so it wouldn't get dirty. 

Skye was wearing the blue velvet dress, with simple black pumps and a matching blue velvet choker. Her short hair was pulled back with curls framing her face. She kept her make up simple, with winged eyeliner and nude lipstick. 

"You look fucking amazing," Duncan whispered into her ear. Skye blushed and smiled up at him. He had his black hair jelled back. Making his jawline more sharp, he wore a black suit with a white dress shirt underneath. He even changed from his combat boots to a pair of shiny leather dress shoes. 

"Me? Have you seen yourself in a suit?" Skye giggled. Duncan nudged her shoulder and pulled her close. 

"TAXI!" Courtney screamed, waving her arms in the air as a yellow car passed. He skidded to a stop in front of them. Probably terrified of the brunette.

"Damn Court," Duncan chuckled, as Courtney shot him a look over her shoulder and the three piled into the tiny taxi. 

"How far away is this place again?" Skye squeaked, as she was practically squished into Duncan's lap. But he wasn't complaining.