Wedding Crashers

Courtney smiled as Bridgette poured her another glass of champagne. Her soft brown hair was getting pulled back and curled. Her make up was perfect, and she eyed the white dress hanging on the bathroom door across the room. Her closest friends gathered in her hotel room with her, getting ready in their bridesmaids dresses. 

Courtney was currently wearing a soft silky white robe, her feet in white slippers. The word 'Bride' printed across the back of the robe in soft cursive writing. She was so excited. She was finally going to marry the love of her life. Right here, today. And all of her dearest friends were going to be a part of it. 

"Ugh, these shoes are giving me blisters already," Heather complained, as she fiddled with her strappy silver heels all the bridesmaids were wearing to match their silver dresses. 

"Maybe if your feet weren't so big, you wouldn't have that problem," Bridgette chuckled. Heather rolled her eyes. 

"I saw Gwen sitting in the audience.." Heather said, looking over at Courtney.

"Yeah, I invited her." she said with a shrug.

"Wow, really?" Bridgette asked, fixing her earrings. Courtney turned to them and nodded

"We got closer after All Stars. I'll never forget what she did, but I can forgive," Courtney said

"Did you invite.. Him?" Heather asked cautiously. Courtney swallowed hard 

"Yes... I did. I never got an RSVP back, so I doubt he'll even show up," Courtney mumbled. She turned away from her two best friends and Heather and Bridgette shared a look. 

"I can't believe this is really happening," Courtney smiled at herself in the mirror "I'm getting married to Trent," 

Bridgette and Heather came up behind her, and smiled 

"You deserve some happiness for once," Heather said softly. Bridgette nodded

"Just 10 more minutes and you'll be Mrs. Rivera-"

There was a loud knock at the door to the girl's hotel room. Courtney turned and looked at the others who all shared confused looks. 

"Maybe It's someone coming to wish you an early congrats?" Bridgette said, she walked over and opened the door, to reveal a disheveled looking Trent. 

"Trent?" Courtney stood up from her chair "What are you doing? You're not supposed to see me before the wedding,"

"I know, I know... But I need to talk to you," Trent said, walking into the room. Heather narrowed her eyes at him and he gulped a little "Alone..."

"Oh hell no, you're not stressing her out before the wedding," Heather snapped. Trent sighed, and pulled at his collar. 

"Trent... What's going on?" Courtney asked, slowly walking towards him. Trent looked at her

"I can't do this," he breathed. Courtney rolled her eyes

"I know! You're not supposed to see me before-"

"No! Courtney I mean I can't do this,"  Trent motioned around the room, his eyes sad 

"I can't marry you," he said. 

The room fell completely silent. You could hear a pin drop from downstairs.

"W-what?" Courtney had gone pale "What do you mean?"

"I can't marry you.. Because I don't love you," Trent said, his voice shaking. Courtney slowly felt a burn in the back of her throat, as her eyes started to fill with tears.