Comfort

Adam:

It's been two weeks and you were miserable. You didn't eat much, sleep, and you were lacking on your training. You avoided Adam as much as you could, because you knew if you didn't, you would break down.

You sat alone in the cafeteria, staring at your water bottle as Bree sat next to you.

"How you feeling?" She asked.

"I'm...I'm--" You choked on your words, feeling a lump in your throat as you thought about Adam. Your eyes glazed over as you bowed your head. "I'm not okay."

Bree's eyes soften as she saw your glassy eyes.

"He thinks I like Chase because I spend so much time with him. I'm only doing that because Chase needs help with his classes, nothing more and nothing less." You hold her, eyes blurring once more.

Bree wrapped her arm around you, rubbing your back with soothing circles.

"I miss him." You whispered, leaning into her side.

"I know...I know."

Bree:

Adam had invited you to the living quarters, telling you that she wouldn't be there since she was training her students. When you got to the living quarters, you sat on the couch besides Adam.

"Is there anything I can do?" He asked, as you shook your head.

"No."

"Please, just let me help you." He pleaded.

"With what?" You asked brokenly. "Bree's avoiding me at all costs, and all I want to do is be in her arms. I pushed her out of the way because what would've happened if she didn't run out in time? I couldn't live with myself, knowing that I could've done something. I know she can take care of herself, but I was afraid if her dying." You explained, wiping your tears.

"I know." He said, wrapping an arm around you.

"I love her so much." You whispered.

"I know you do." He said, as he rubbed your shoulder in a comforting mannor.

Chase:

You were out on the beach, skipping rocks into the ocean for awhile before sitting down in a sand and twirling a small pebble in your fingers.

You heard the sand shift beside you. You both sat for awhile, watching the sun slip below the horizon, listening to the waves crash and smelling the salty air.

"How are you doing?" Leo asked, as he fiddled with his shoelaces.

"Fine." You replied, bringing your knees to your chest.

"I know you very well, and I know that you are far from fine. Tell me what's on your mind." He said.

You smiled faintly, knowing that Leo was always on your side, no matter if you liked it or not. You didn't like to open up to people, but Leo, he was your best friend.

"Chase questioned my loyalty, my trust because I was out all the time. I just had a lot on my plate. Out of all things, why would he questione my loyalty when he knows that I've never done such a thing before. In the end, I'm the one who gets left behind, abandoned, and betrayed. Why would I want to do something do horrible to the one thing I love and care deeply for?" You asked, leaning into his side.

"You're a good person, hopefully Chase will come back to his senses." Leo sighed, rubbing your arm.

Leo:

During lunch, you sat a table watching the students with a daze look. You felt out of it, you felt numb. Just then, a chair scooted besides you, making you turn to see Chase sitting in the chair.

"You're not gonna eat?" He asked

"Not hungry." You shrugged, seeing Leo disapper down the hall.

Chase followed youe gaze and sighed. "Wanna talk about it?"

"It's just that, why would he ever think that I would ever cheat on him? The first time I met him, I thought he was the cutest thing in the world. Yes, there are bigger and stronger guys, but none of them are him. I fell in love with him because of what's inside, and inside be has a heart of gold. I wish he could just see that he's all I ever wanted." You explained, looking down at the table.

"I know." He said, rubbing your back. "You'll be okay though."