Battle of Love

Brian

Katherine gets home around three in the morning. I'm sleeping peacefully. I wake when I feel the bed dipping and the sheets being pulling back.

"You awake?" She whispered.

I slowly turned around to face her. She looked at me.

"I'm sorry." I told her.

She nodded and kissed me. I kissed her back. Things got pretty hot and heavy between us really quickly. Being with her felt right. It's like I belonged with her and only her. She's my world.

-

Katherine came downstairs the next morning. I had bacon cooking on the stove. Her eggs were already cooked. She came over to me, in my old button up shirt and kissed me.

"Did you sprinkle brown sugar?" She asked, eyeing the bacon.

"Of course I did." I smiled at her.

She walked closer to it and smelled it. Suddenly she straightened up quickly. She made a beeline to the downstairs bathroom. I ran after her, confused. She hunched over the toilet and blew chunks. I dropped beside her and held her hair back. I rubbed her back, saying soothing words to her. She got clammy. Finally it was over. She flushed it and sat back on the floor, panting.

"I don't know what's wrong with me. Maybe it's a virus." She shrugged, standing. She brushed her teeth and I get up, too. "If it happens again, I'll set up a doctor appointment."

"Still hungry?" I asked her.

"Very nauseous." She nodded.

"All right. Come on." I took her hand. We walk back to the kitchen and she sits down.

"I'm going to go see my mom today. Wanna come?" She asked as I take the bacon off the stove.

"Cant. I'm going to see Kaleb and maybe have a guy session." I replied.

"You're going to talk about what happened between us. You're going to tell them how you don't want to lose me yet I still scrape your nerves. You don't need the guys to tell you this but marriage is meant to test you. It's just the matter of which couple can keep fighting." She sighed.

"According to you, ours won't be fighting any longer." I looked away when I said that.

"My brother...believe it or not is the only person in this world that hasn't abandoned me. I've given him hell, kicked his ass, even killed a few girlfriends...but we always bounce back because not only are we twins, but we're Howard's. We are the family of hell. My family wouldn't be a family without the whining little shit. And for you to tell me I only cared because he was on death row and that I abandoned him...at that time. It was fucked up Brian. Have I ever? And I mean, we do argue but have I ever thrown bullshit in your face? Ever talk about your flaws and how you practically fucked the Toretto family the second you came in the door? No. Because I love you enough to know that saying something like that will shatter you. And I will bring death to anyone that shatters you, I would. But to imagine me inflicting the pain on you...it's my worst bloody nightmare. Yet you had no problem hitting that button on me. So what does that say about you, Brian O'Connor? LAPD turned criminal. What you heard was Kaleb's truth. What about mine? I planned to live the rest of my life with you. But, dude, you've been acting different lately. You get mad at the littlest things. I feel like I'm the calm one in this equation and it should be vice versa. Whatever is on your mind, let that shit go because it's affecting your fucking wife who won't stick around if she keeps getting verbally attacked for letting off steam because her brother lies half dead beside her." She picked up piece of bacon and ate it. Suddenly her face turned green and bolted to the bathroom once again.