Real Love

Katherine

"Hey, baby." Brian touched my leg under the table. "You okay?"

"I'm fine." I whispered back, the team in a heavy discussion.

"If you have a problem with Suki-" He began.

I placed a finger to his lip. "It's not her. I don't know her to have a problem with her."

"Well, you hated the team straight from the gate, myself included." He replied.

"I've matured." I replied. "Just shut up and drop it."

"As a married couple, we need to communicate."

"Yes. Let's fucking communicate in front of everyone. Let's do that." I sat back in my chair.

Brian rolled his eyes, looking frustrated.

"Alina and I were thinking about living together one day." Kaleb concluded.

I think they were discussing their love story or something but that caught my attention.

"What?" I raised my eyebrows.

Everyone looked at me.

"It's just a thought. If things are still going smoothly in the future, why not settle down with her. You know?" Kaleb shrugged.

I bit my lip.

"Don't be so eager to judge, love. That's what relationships do. They build and build until they reach that step-" Kaleb began.

"Kaleb, I'm married with three kids. I know how relationships work."

"How did you and Brian become a couple?" Jimmy asked me.

I looked at Brian. He shrugged.

"They were sent to protect me because I had an apparent stalker out to kill me. I hated him, the team, hated him some more. Then I let my guard down, got into a relationship. A day or two later, I had to leave for business and left Brian and everyone else. Brian here got into a relationship, forgot about me, came to London where I was, didn't know I was there. I saved his life and everyone else's. Brian broke up with the girl told me he could never forgive me and then I showed up at his house in the pouring rain and confessed my heart stopping love for him and here we are." I told them.

"I didn't forget about you." Brian frowned.

"Definitely didn't. Talked about you damn near every day." Rome chimed in.

"The moment I saw Katherine, I was in love." Brian clarified. "And it was hard for me to let her go."

"That's so sweet." Suki whispered.

I looked at Brian and smiled softly. I love him.

"Let me ask you two a question." Kaleb said to me and Brian. "You guys are deeply in love, overcame insults and tears and rage and all that good stuff. Do you honestly believe there would ever come a day where you two would fall out of love? What would it take for either of you to consider divorce?"

"We don't use the D word." I clarified. "I mean, when you find your person...the one that makes life better...you're going to overcome anything. If the love is real and intense, it lasts forever."

"I agree." Brian nodded.

"Mother, was there a time where you ever considered divorcing Father?" Kaleb asked Mother.

"Absolutely not." Mum said immediately. "Your father was a different breed of man. He wasn't like any man I've ever met. That man was so rare, nothing could keep us apart."

"Did he pass?" Jimmy asked.

"He did. A good amount of years now. I still feel a part of me is missing in a way but I have my twins. They fill that part. Just like their father."

"Are you kidding? We're like you." Me and Kaleb said at the same time.

"Honey, no one is like me." Mother waved her hand.

I laughed.

I looked over at the girls, in their seats. Ruby was nodding off.

"Someone's bed time." I grinned.

"I got it." Alina replied.

"I'll help." I stood up.

I walked over and took Quinn and Brooke out of their seats. Alina had Ruby. We walked upstairs and I turned to her.

"That's dinner was becoming depressing." I told Alina.

"I know." She laughed.

-

My back is really killing me, omg. So I live with my best friend and her fiancé and daughter because neither of us want to separate and we did something today. Something spectacular....🤣🤣

WE GOT A BUNNY!!!!!!!! 😆😍👏🏽

Her name is Carmel Chipotle Stiles Jackson III ❤️. (I'm not joking, that's literally her name. Carmel because I love it, Chipotle because I work there, Stiles because Teen Wolf is life and Jackson because I love Michael Jackson). Our cat Jinx Maxwell wasn't too happy because she's rude asf but we're soon gonna get a dog. The family that keeps on growing 🤷🏼‍♀️

-Chicken Soup 🍜