A New Memeber

Brian

Nobody called me into his office one morning, sounding pretty urgent. When I got there, he was pacing back and forth.

"Brian. Took you long enough." Nobody rolled his eyes.

"I was doing ninety eight on the free way." I replied.

"I need you to be apart of the witness protection program. Just this once, don't worry." Nobody handed me a file.

"Okay." I opened it. "Alina Popov."

There was a picture of a girl with short, pixie cut brown hair and blue eyes. She had bruises on her face. I read the file. Wanted in Russia by the federal. She had stolen a chip from the military system.

"Let me guess, you were the one that made her steal the chip?" I closed the file.

"I was. That chip contains everything from World War I to nuclear bombs to the fucking President, my dear friend Obama."

"You're friends with Obama?" I raised my eyebrows.

"I'm Nobody. I'm friends with everyone." He held up his arms. "Alina has experience in the office and she's great with creation. She promised she'll not only make us secure tracking devices but little cameras you can wear in battle. She'll be joining your team once the cost is clear. You're taking her to your house and will protect her there. And also, she has fifteen siblings...her father was a slut, she's good with kids."

"My house? You know Katherine." I sighed.

"It's not Katherine choice. It's mine. I'm in charger. Not Howard." He sat in his chair.

"Bet you won't say that to her face." I laughed. "She'll kill you. Literally kill you."

"Who is the man in your relationship. Are you scared of her?"

"I'm not scared of her. I'm just thinking about her and her feelings."

"I was married...twice. Know why I am happily divorced? Because they thought they were in charge."

"You sound like Christian Grey." I informed him.

"Put in work like Christian Grey. That's why they stayed. Good experiences like that drive woman to the extreme." Nobody laughed.

"Okay. That's gross." I felt sick imagining it. "I'm going to talk to Katherine and if she doesn't agree, I can't do it."

"I'll pay you one hundred grand every week you keep her alive until she's safe." Nobody sat up.

"Text me when she arrives." I nodded before leaving.

I stopped at Chipotle and got Katherine her usual. She's really getting big. And I also stop at a store to buy her snacks like Oreos and Pringles before going home. Katherine is in bed watching Stranger Things. Before me, she hated that show, didn't understand it. Now she's in love.

"Season 2 is fucking crazy. How do they keep Eleven from her true love like that?" Katherine sat up.

I pulled out her food tray and set the items on it. "Because, it builds up to the most epic scene in history. When they reunite."

"When is that?" Katherine unwrapped her burrito.

"Towards the end. What episode are you on?" I sat on the bed.

"Five."

"You're getting there." I smiled at her. "So we're going to be having a house guest for a few months."

"Kaleb? Did he drink himself half to death and needs to be under supervision?" Katherine asked. "Or did Dom finally come to his senses and sees that Letty is actually a man in a girls body and needs some time to process ?"

"First of all, shut up." I hissed. "Letty is awesome."

"That's your new crush?" Katherine asked.

"She's a good friend."

"There is no such thing as a good friend. There's people and then there's family." Katherine replied.

"Can you just stop." I was getting annoyed.

"I'm only pulling your trousers, you fucking cry baby." Katherine snapped back.

"Her name is Alina Popov. She's Russian and Nobody sent her on a mission that now has all of Russia out for her and needs to be protected so she's staying her until further notice. And she'll be joining our team."

"Are you telling me or are you asking me?" Katherine frowned.

"Telling."

"I think the bloody hell not. This is our home, our life." Katherine objected.

"She's great with kids. Fifteen siblings, babe." I stated. "And plus, one hundred grand until she's out and about."

Katherine looked at me. "Pick a room for the bloody bitch."

"That's my girl." I kissed her forehead.

-

Sorry for the long ass wait.

But I am introducing a new character, she might stick depending if u guys like her or not but I have so many ideas for her and it's overwhelming tf out of me. See, I was originally going to write her in a different book I was thinking about but then I thought why would I write her in another book when I can put her here? Common sense, right?

Anyway, I was riding a skateboard for the first time yesterday and fell and I swear I saw the white light, and my elbow is raw and my ass hurts. So yeah, life is sweet.

Love you babies❤️

-Chicken Soup🍜